• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog FLU 419 needing a clutch

UnimogMP

Thanks Bob! I will leave it draining overnight and will pump a degreaser while operating the clutch as per you suggestion, I’ll keep it unplugged and carry the plug in the mog for if and when I encounter a 70cm+ deep body of water and naturally feel morally obligated to cross it.

Best regards!
MP.

UnimogMP

Dear Bob, looking at the documentation, I don't think the 419 came with flywheel housing drain:

Flywheel.JPG
(A3530130310)

And I'm pretty sure that what I drained was plug 33 which seems to be the intermediate drive and PTO chamber of the transmission and is isolated from the flywheel/clutch chamber:

Bell.JPG

So here's what I'm thinking, I'll plug 33 back on and top up the transmission oil, then take out the bottom bolts that hold the flywheel housing with the bell housing in hope that they have a drain groove as they have at top of the bell housing:

Bell groove.JPG

If they don't, I'm thinking of drilling a small drain on the bottom of the bell housing, more or less here:

Bell drill.JPG

Does this sound sane?

Best regards!
MP.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks