• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831A parts needed

Millerinfantryvet

Hello
Iam a 10yr army 11b vet. I lost half my leg in Iraq on 4th tour. So i keep my mind busy restoring things. I work part time at a 4x4 shop building willys jeeps. All 4x4
I got a mep 831a for free. The starter was taken out. I have a hard time trying to pull start it. It didn't have a exhaust but i fabbed up one. Made a flange to bolt in u pipe to a duetz diesel muffler to tail pipe out hole

Anyone have a starter? I'm thinking it's close to a duetz starter but it's 12v. I could use 12b to starter only. 24v to rest of system. I don't have alot of money. But I'll pay ive been dying to hear this baby run. Thanks yall.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its the same starter used for the 2 KW, 3 KW and the Smart T gen set.
2920-01-452-8409 is the NSN. Do you have the manuals? If you plug in the NSN in your browser, there are several places to get one, but kinda pricy. There is a "Parts Wanted" section here in SS, you should also post there, asking for a part.

Millerinfantryvet

Thank you. Yes i went to my old supply sgt on ft causing and got the fm and tm. Plus the yanmar tm.
I rebuild willys jeeps. M715s. All kinds at my shop. I just built a cucv imitation. My 80 Chevy k20 with ww2 markings my creation. But im glad to be apart of yall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks