• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Importing and titling Unimogs in the US?

jharshman01

Does anyone have experience they could share about the process of buying and importing an Unimog from Europe to the US? My brother and I are scraping some cash together to give it a whirl and I would appreciate touching base with someone who has been down that road. Goods, bads, pitfalls, loopholes, etc.

Thanks!

peakbagger

Benz World has a permanent sticky on importing a Unimog, the short version is don't do it yourself as its steep learning curve with lots of potential roadblocks and opportunities to have to write more checks. One quick tidbit is you have to pay an import tariff of 25% of the vehicle cost so the pricing in Europe may not appear to be as attractive as you thought. 25 years old appears to be the magic number, anything newer and you appear to be in for an additional layer of complexity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks