• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooling upgrade system.

911joeblow

It is just s flat piece of metal that gets drilled correct? The ones bolted over the holes? Does your kit just run from one side to the other? Just like the water crossover on thd front?
No I dont drill and tap the flat block off plates as putting a fitting into a thin plate and hoping it seals and is pointing the right direction is questionable at best. I machine a weldable bung fitting and TIG weld it to the plate and use a swivel AN aluminum fitting so you place it in the orientation you want and tighten it down. No hokey sealers and such needed. I run two independent hoses down each head to the front and they tie into another aluminum fitting that bolts into the crossover providing for bleeding off of any air pockets in the rear of the block/heads, and removing super heated coolant from the back of the block allowing for better distribution of coolant and more consistent temps across the block.

Again I have NOT invented anything new as this is a well proven and extensively used mod in most V8 style engines. What I have done however is de-hokey the product and properly run it so it works irrespective of the heater circuits use. I still have a hard time understanding why the other guys would run their system that way as it just is plain wrong. Further I have used superior fittings and hose and even reduced the price. I can tell you the other guys are gouging the consumer with cheap parts and inflated asking prices.

Just to add my background, I built pro race cars for 12 years. I have built several hundred racing engines and am a mechanical engineer. I switched industries and am in aviation now but still race cars as a privateer and build Humvees and other machines on the side.

I will not be able to provide any pics till the end of the month and kits will be available the first of next month initially in limited quantities. If there is enough interest I will CNC the machine parts which will make more available as demand dictates. Thanks guys till then....stay safe!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will not be able to provide any pics till the end of the month and kits will be available the first of next month initially in limited quantities. If there is enough interest I will CNC the machine parts which will make more available as demand dictates. Thanks guys till then....stay safe!
Feel free to sign me up for the first batch.

T

3jacks

I'm interested. You said it would be priced lower than the "$275 inferior system". What is your price point? I'd be happy to provide temp data before and after for your marketing purposes.

911joeblow

So just a little update. The only hold up right now is AM General as luck would have it. They are supplying the new block off plates and are delayed. Here are a couple of pics showing the custom fitting that will be TIGed to the new block off plates, the AN fittings and the AN hose. More to follow once the plates come in.

IMG_20170404_130450.jpgIMG_20170404_130452.jpgIMG_20170404_130511.jpgIMG_20170404_130506.jpg

Action

Why don't you just go to the nearest GM dealer and buy the blockoff plates? It is a GM motor. Part 14045274.
Or, Kascar has 9 in stock at $3.49 each.

911joeblow

Why don't you just go to the nearest GM dealer and buy the blockoff plates? It is a GM motor. Part 14045274.
Or, Kascar has 9 in stock at $3.49 each.
Well a little late now. They should be in next week. In the mean time I am machining up more of the weld fittings which takes time.

911joeblow

OK I have everything done for 4 sets. Once the paint is dry I can show the complete kit both on and off the truck. The first 4 will be followed by larger batches as demand is determined.

I have put together a step by step 'how-to' with pics that will go with the kits.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just sent a PM.

Please allow me to by one of the first four sets.

Thanks

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PAID

Thanks again.

I suggest you now also start a thread on the Classifieds Section.

I wish you success!!!

I want to support Site Members and Vendors.

T

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just sent you a PM.
I am out of town, but just send me a quick text on the number in the PM and I will confirm payment
Thank you

911joeblow

Do the 6.5 gep motors need this extra cooling help
Yes all these engines have the same uneven cooling issues. The GEP engines have improvements to reduce the failures common in the earlier 6.2 and 6.5 GM engines but they still run hot in the back cylinders all the same.

911joeblow

Update:

All orders have been shipped and the last of 4 initial kits was sold locally. I was able to build one additional kit which is now available as the paint dries. I will be building more kits but as the demand seems high I will be taking pre-orders to give people a guaranteed place. Here are the pics and I can send the installation instruction via PM if anyone is interested.

IMG_20170417_113725.jpgIMG_20170416_160245.jpgIMG_20170416_160059.jpgIMG_20170416_160048.jpgIMG_20170416_133215.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks