• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 was stuck/ So Cal area members

drbeeper17

I just wanted to see if anyone lived in the San Diego area that could help pull out my M1008. I'm stuck in some pretty deep mud/sand in a not so dry stream bed. I'm burried up to the front axle and front bumper. I have 37" tires and Detroit lockers front and rear. I probably need another full size truck to give me a tug to get out. I don't think a little Jeep would work, but maybe. I've tried for an hour and didn't make much progress. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am on the west coast so can not help. One recommendation I would make to others is introduce yourself to members that live around you before you get into trouble.

One thing to try next time is to let the air out of the tires way way down before you keep digging ruts to china

Did you get out yet?

drbeeper17

Got it out. Extreme digging and sand bags under the front tires gave me the edge to get out. My friend in his FJ got stuck on the beginning of the trail, so that didn't work out.

So who else in the San Diego area takes their CUCV off roading? I would like to get a group of full size rigs out there. The M1008 doesn't really fit in with the Jeep clubs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks