• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 m38a1 wiring harness

nickd

I need a new wiring harness. What are my options? Can I use a mutt wiring harness or do I need to find one with Douglas connectors? All of the lights will need to be changed and the gauges could be changed as well. Am I missing anything?

Maverick1701

I used DeBella Jeeps for my replacement harness. New harnesses run around $800-ish from all the manufacturers (or at least from all the manufacturers I could find)

wilfreeman

Pretty sure all of them come from Vintage Wiring, but can't prove it. Every once in awhile you'll find one on ebay but you run into the same problem of aged wire. You can convert an M35 front harness to the M38 and a1, but it is a lot of work. This option can be a lot cheaper if you find a cheap NOS harness to start with. You can prob convert an M151 harness also.

if yours is brittle, you might as well bite the bullet and do something before she burns to the ground! I am in the same situation myself - mine is very brittle and not all systems work as they should. A friend found an M35 (early, no turn signals built in) harness on ebay VERY cheap for me, but I haven't started the conversion yet. Wes has info and diagrams on willysmjeeps showing how to do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks