• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel injectors

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentleman, if I have a bad injector which would be indicated by NO noticeable change in the engine rpms, correct me if I'm wrong.
and if and when replacement of a fuel injector is needed is it advisable that if I have pulled out a injector with one spray pin hole to replace it with the same or can I replace it with one with two spray holes, this is for a m35a2 multifuel LDT 465-1d

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread moved to appropriate forum, please pay attention to where you start a new thread.

Post in the appropriate forums please.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
220 - 221, whichever gets it done.

Personally I'd go with the 2 hole. You might want to pull them all and have them pop tested. I was amazed how bad mine were when I did it.

The single hole work fine, they just make the exhaust a little smoky in comparison.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many miles did you have on them?

Do you know the recommended mileage necessary before injectors need attention?

Thanks

220 - 221, whichever gets it done.

Personally I'd go with the 2 hole. You might want to pull them all and have them pop tested. I was amazed how bad mine were when I did it.

The single hole work fine, they just make the exhaust a little smoky in comparison.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The injectors had never ben touched by me till I pulled them to pop test. For all I know, they were in there since 1975. It matters not recommended milage if you don't know the last time they were serviced!

rustystud

How many miles did you have on them?

Do you know the recommended mileage necessary before injectors need attention?

Thanks
Truck shops replace the injectors by mileage, while buses replace them by hours run. It all depends on how their used. Hard high-way mileage and they will go a long time. Short "stop and go" running will plug them up fast. It all depends on how you drive. Now having said all that I would take them all out and have them serviced. Then you will have a starting point (like Gimpyrobb said) and a understanding of how the engine should be running so when they get dirty and clogged you will know something is up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks