• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 wheels fit a 44 CCKW

waayfast

The short answer: Yes
The long answer : Yes , but they are wider and barely clear. The steer axle tires can rub into the goodies on the axle in a (not even sharp) turn.

I am going to experiment with spacers at the hub and see if I can gain enough clearance (safely) too see if it is doable on a full time basis.

The cost of new 7.50x20 tires is quit a JOLT, and the readily available and much cheaper 9:00's are worth looking into (for me anyway).

I have a set on one of my G506 1 1/2 ton Chevy and really like the taller stance they give. Just using them to hold it up off the ground for right now but research mode on running them daily is now on the front burner.

b17goinmyway

Hi Waayfast, thanks for the reply, your info really helps. I am in the process of retrieving a 44 CCKW open cab ( I think it is a SWB) which I have not yet seen in person. Photos show a couple of wheels missing however the owner claims he has them. I have a couple of decent M35 wheel/tires so thought I would check here to see if they might fit if needed in a pinch in order to move the 44. I am sure I could also snag one or more wheels from the rear tandems but figured it might save on jacking up and pulling off other wheels then to just have a couple ready to go if needed. In any case thanks for the info, hopefully I will have the 44 open cab home shortly. Dan

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the long run, how about for the front using the wheels off a 1950's era M135 GMC deuce? The wheels for the single wheel trucks have a different center spacing, the rim is set further out in relation to the hub center by an inch or better. I do not know from trying it but it would give you more clearance from the inner side of the rim to axle components by that much without spacers. I could probably scare up a couple of them here. Looks like you are about 2 hours away from me south of Warsaw, IN. PM me if I can help.
Incidentally, they use 11:00 x 20 and 9:00 x 20 tires on the same width rim on these GMC M series trucks so I see no reason 9:00 x 20 could not be put on the CCKW rims that originally had the 7.50 x 20 tires, agreeing with topo in his post above.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 extra CCKW wheels available. You will find out they are some what hard to find.

b17goinmyway

Hi, thanks for the reply have been under the weather lately. The guy I bought my truck from found the missing two wheels so I am in good shape so far with regards to wheels and tires. I have been to Warsaw before. Bought an old Hudson from there I think. Thanks for the offer of help. May have to call on you for information some time. thanks Dan

b17goinmyway

Probably not a bad idea to have a couple of spares. Let me know the shipping and I will most likely go ahead and take them. The zip for shipping would be 47940 for Darlington, Indiana.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks