• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv serial # / year of manufacture list

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
01-2006......230xxx
01-2007......244xxx
09-2007......256xxx
02-2008......264xxx
11-2008......312xxx
11-2009......331xxx
From data plates I seen awile back.

MaverickH1

Keep in mind that the ranges were said to be approximate. Also, there might be a discrepancy about whether Date of Delivery is the same as Date of Manufacture. The two might be very different. I'd imagine the truck could be manufactured by AM General in late 1993, and it might have either sat in inventory or went somewhere for final modifications before being delivered in 1994.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradnace

C/C B Limited Standards, VSE CORP

Hello. I recently bought a humvee. It was represented to be a 2011. I have a Montana DOJ Certificate of Title that states "2011 M998 Hmmwv, Title No. AA4050090, VIN 112967, Vehicle 4332036." Upon further inspection and investigation (since the seller misrepresented multiple things about the vehicle), I learned that the chassis and body are likely a 1991 (which is not necessarily bad since the 6.2ls for the years 94-98 had significant problems namely with the 8th cylinder). Having the CARC removed and getting down to the original aluminum, only to build back up with 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint to make it perfect. Then onto stenciling.

So here's my question - If you know how to look up a vehicle's service / overhaul hx, please let me know. Mine appears to have come from DOL IMMA Fort McCoy, WI with overhaul by VSE *(later acquired through Red River Army Depot). I contacted Fort McCoy and they said they remember overhauls being done during a period of mobilization but they didn't have a clue how to find the service hx.

I have 5 MWO tags, most of which are basically worthless. A 12/10 replaced alternator. And no idea about the engine or drive train as to whether they are original, replaced or rebuilt. The prior owner's "story" was that the vehicle only had 81 miles on it (per tag) when it was "overhauled." Claimed the engine was replaced with a 6.2l in 2011, because of some other story with the Army and efficiency. (Couldn't find any information on the internet in support; more likely if replaced, the 6.5l would have been the replacement). I don't see any rust on the bolts surrounding the engine, which seems good against so many others that I have seen. Educated guess is on overhaul, only items requiring to be replaced were replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Hello. I recently bought a humvee. It was represented to be a 2011. I have a Montana DOJ Certificate of Title that states "2011 M998 Hmmwv, Title No. AA4050090, VIN 112967, Vehicle 4332036." Any way to verify its information? It appears M998s were not made in 2011, so the title is in error. Is it possible I have a newer version of the M998 but it was just misstated on the title? If so, any idea how to correct? Thanks in advance
Tough call. The data plate should state the most about the HMMWV. What may be the case is that the HMMWV could have been rebuilt in 2011 and it was given a new data plate with that year, and then it was titled as such.

Action

a real 2011 would have a turbo diesel 6.5 motor. not a n/a 6.2. If the title shows 2011. That may just be the year it was titled. Mine is titled as a 2013. That is what the state did to it, not me.

Last edited:

MaverickH1

Misrepresenting HMMWV years of manufacture is very common in for sale ads by people who don't know better, and by some who do it intentionally.

I have one of the newest trucks out there, which is a 2005.

Last edited:

DREDnot

Im looking at an M1038 but owner wasn't around to make story...I took a few pics to study the thing and noticed that the data plate is blank except for a REG number hand stamped to match the stencil from the USMC. That and an Oregon OHV sticker got me spooked. What do you guys think?

DSCN3505.jpgDSCN3490.jpg

Crapgame

CPR on a Zombie Thread: Somebody said the AMG Serial Number is stamped somewhere on the A Pillar forward of the windshield frame?

justconfidant

Should be stamped on the data plate on the driver's side B pillar.
Hey ThankYou 🙏🏽 For swift reply. Nothing on the Chassis? Cause the title from NC has a different VIN on the B pillar seems just like military identifiers not 17 digit number
On title document think I’m in trouble didn’t check this out before purchase if Title is real

all it has is 000619 in the B pillar plate

Last edited:

justconfidant

Hey ThankYou 🙏🏽 For swift reply. Nothing on the Chassis? Cause the title from NC has a different VIN on the B pillar seems just like military identifiers not 17 digit number
On title document think I’m in trouble didn’t check this out before purchase if Title is real

How marching is That NDT that’s my True Intials N D T exact as It is. Surname/Middlename/First. Heck what’s chances of that

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

000619 is the correct VIN. The VIN on your title is a bunch of crap. You bought a vehicle with no valid title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks