• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trusted Shop in Northern VA for 5ton Air brakes

joshsp

Anyone know of any trust worthy shops in Northern VA? Need some work done on the air brakes of my 5 ton. I think it needs a diaphragm replaced in one of the rear brake chambers. Normally do my own work but not confident enough in my self to mess with the air brakes.

Thanks for any help.
Josh

joshsp

Your probably right. Just looked it up 210 shipped. Might be even cheaper sense I can probably do myself. Just out of curiosity do you do all your on work? If not have you found anyone willing to mess with the older military trucks?

I called a few heavy truck repair places on Friday and none of them want to mess with it.

dk8019

I generally do all my own work. Only thing I've ever had a shop do has been tire work, but all my trucks live down near Abingdon, VA, so those shops are six hours away. Everything here in northern VA is silly money when it comes to car work. Generally I have all my standard car work done down there as well.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a rear drum on mine that was smoking hot the other day. Rolls fine. Not sure why it was so hot. All other drums I could but my hand on. One was crazy hot.

joshsp

I have a rear drum on mine that was smoking hot the other day. Rolls fine. Not sure why it was so hot. All other drums I could but my hand on. One was crazy hot.
If you want someone to look at it I used a mobile guy out of Winchester. Smart guy and fair price.

Eric

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cage the spring brake. Remove the spring can assembly. Remove the spring brake tube clamp. Unscrew the brake tube and the pushrod. After removed pull out the spring unit under it with its wedge assembly. Dissassemble, clean, and lube generously. Reinstall everything

https://youtu.be/R78OK-hFWkY

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks