• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck backhoe bucket pin on SEE

peakbagger

Well the fix took about 20 minutes once I had the right snap ring pliers. After bending a few cheap snap ring pliers I ordered a screw type heavy duty version and the snap ring came off first try. I then drove the pin through the hub exposing the shaft on the other side. There was no trace of the grease hole until I took a wire brush to the shaft and then a slight divot appeared. What was in the hole wasn't that hard so I cleaned it out, cranked a bit of grease through it. and reassembled everything. Its all greased up and ready to go.

911joeblow

I hate to say this guys but I had my swap from bucket to auger done in 45 mins. I used penetrating oil liberally on all surfaces and tapped off the paint on the snap ring area and with a short sledge and a little cussing, off the pins came. Now when the pin came out it was dirty and needed some love but not bad considering how long she sat before I got her. I swapped back to the bucket, this time with my daughters help, in 30 mins. A Lot of this is luck of the draw...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks