• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Very productive 35F day... mostly dry lol.
Installed the M1083 60psi CTIS controller - now have a working system, buttoned up the PS kick panel after bolting down the PCU, put the fuse box cover back on ( all new SStl hardware), finished the brackets for the passenger seat and tuffbox....

20181118_155359.jpg

20181118_182146.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday I fixed the tractor protection valve on wrecker now I have brakes.
Changed tire and tried to get alternator working no luck on that one yet.

319cssb

I sprayed mine tan only because it was that way when I got it and its just easier to paint in the same color.
But i hated it every sencond of it.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the charging issue fixed
Got the the push button start working again.
Still having brake issues.
Front brakes not working.
Thanks Andy for helping me today.

wandering neurons

Put my new personalized Colorado plates on the truck: LVAD Of course, G0L1ATH was not available, and I didn't think about B1GBABY until after the fact. Oh well.
And put together all of the parts that have been collecting, so I now have a functional rear emergency gladhand, which can be used with the tire inflation hose I have. CTIS works, but "a double in case of trouble".
Snow and wind came early this afternoon, otherwise I would have finished re-shimming the doors to close easier, and made the vertical posts in the bed for log-hauling.
Tire chains are in the mail, and soon the truck will be registered for volunteer vehicle recovery in the Front Range!

19Detail

Anyone who bought the Lizard Skin paint gun, do you know if you can use it to shoot regular paint?

Last edited:

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Do you know if you can use the Lizard skin gun to shoot regular paint?
It may work for other thick paints like Rustoleum bed liner, but the orifice size would not work for regular paint.

Note: Lizard Skin is like pancake batter consistency....

19Detail

Thanks. I was hoping I could change the nozzle for regular paint and have just one gun. How many gallons did you use on your floor?

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Thanks. I was hoping I could change the nozzle for regular paint and have just one gun. How many gallons did you use on your floor?
If you want to try, I've used the HF pot gun for the Rustoleum bed liner. It has different tips that may work for the LS.
I used most of 4 gal to shoot 2 coats underneath and inside.
I will be doing Thermal barrier underneath on top of the Soundproofing, and on the outside of the roof.

19Detail

I don't know if you got the part number for the block heater or not, but I used: 3500081 Zerostart Cat 3116 Engine Heater 1500w 120v

It was pretty easy but a snug fit. I used a piece pvc and a hammer to tap it in snug to the block. I drained maybe 8 gallons of antifreeze to get it below the knockout. Truth be told, I drained about 4.5 and then removed the knock out and about 3 more gallons came out.

The bench is a great idea. Your rig is looking really nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks