• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Masspilot

Here is my truck it has been a blast working on it and still have a few things to do. My youngest just recently named the truck OPTIMUS

IMG_20181130_160150_02.jpgIMG_20181130_160150_01.jpgIMG_20181129_164447.jpg

(Mod Note: I edited the duplicate pics off for you. [thumbzup] )

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, with out significantly reenforcing the interior of the door , they will sag and vibrate.
heavy bars welded and tacked to the door framing will make them solid.
Now zero vibration.

QUOTE=Third From Texas;2179707]Any vibration issues?[/QUOTE]

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it weighed.
Airlift extensions removed,
2nd spare tire/wheel in the bed over the rear axle,
1/2 tank of diesel,
me (after lunch)

scale_12_2018.jpg

You can see I have some work to do to better balance front/back ratio currently 63/37.

coachgeo

Old Rusty.... got some of his rust removed today. (removed more floor board)... did further evaluation of what is too be done. First time working on her in a month. Like our usual once a week sessions on Saturdays; we only had a 3-4 hours to do anything.

Last edited:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old Rusty.... got some of his rust removed today. (removed more floor board)... did further evaluation of what is too be done. First time working on her in a month. Like our usual once a week sessions on Saturdays; we only had a 3-4 hours to do anything.
I am less efficient than you are: I can stare at it for 3-4 hours wondering how to execute the next "improvement", resulting in zero progress.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
squished the toolbox

This is what happens when the chain to the spare tire is not located properly.
squished toolbox.jpg
Its OK for now, will fix it later. Am pulling the spare tire rack to access that area for the safety cage install. From what I see, it appears that the Sealy, TX facility starts by mounting the spare tire rack to a fixture of some kind, then builds the truck around it.....

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
This is what happens when the chain to the spare tire is not located properly.
View attachment 751771
Its OK for now, will fix it later. Am pulling the spare tire rack to access that area for the safety cage install. From what I see, it appears that the Sealy, TX facility starts by mounting the spare tire rack to a fixture of some kind, then builds the truck around it.....
So that's why mine looks like that ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks