• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

yertnamreg

We'll see how it goes. There was a little wind when I drove it back from the shop, but not enough to cause any noticable swaying. I think the weight of it is keeping it pretty stable. Planning on painting it desert sand/tan to match the cab. Can someone remind me which one is the newer shade (cab is 2009)?

I'll look at adding a tag axle...not a bad idea :)

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll see how it goes. There was a little wind when I drove it back from the shop, but not enough to cause any noticable swaying. I think the weight of it is keeping it pretty stable. Planning on painting it desert sand/tan to match the cab. Can someone remind me which one is the newer shade (cab is 2009)?

I've got a motorhome that has about 12 ft of body behind the rear axle. I find that its very easy, when making a right turn, to take out a vehicle in the lane to the left of me....

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Forget the tag axle for off road, I think you’ll be fine, you only added 2’ correct? Just be mindful of keeping the load as low and far forward as possible. The only thing I would consider is making the ICC bar hinge up.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To much trouble to set up the plasma cutter, why waist the air and gas with the fire wrench when the truck can inflect pain / damage.
Son left me with a piece of junk car that needs to get cut up and sent to the scrap yard. So easy one M1088 and a chain.

Attachments

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I have the original vinyl padded flooring on top of the Lizard Skin, then its a rubber floor mat underlay with a woven top for bonding to carpet.
Its the rubber spiky stuff under automotive floormats.
Available in rolls...

20180921_213906.jpg20180921_213922.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks