• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tossed my seats in today. Did two different mounting methods to see what works best. I have short legs, so after I did the passenger side I realized I wanted the driver side lower (anything above the center hump just feels like a reach to my stubby little appendages. The first I used 2" angle and flat stock. The driver side used 1" box tubing (just right). And I kept the OEM slider.

I'll ride in them a month of so and see how I like 'em.

If all goes well I'll be unloading my original A1R seats with new covers last year. The middle seat needs a base cover (or maybe it's the back, I'll have to look next time I'm in storage). Shipping is of course a bitch of a cost but I'll pallet them if I unload them (cheap, w/o sliders but they are universal thru the S&S line)) if it comes to be

View attachment 839496
Those are nice looking seats.
Would be interesting to see how they ride...

Third From Texas

Those are nice looking seats.
Would be interesting to see how they ride...
The OEM seats really didn't bother me. I was never uncomfortable in them. They seemed to be more of a "suspension-type" than my A0's have but that could just be perception.

The Pacifica seats are firmer and I was hesitant to install them. And the OEM's have better lumbar support as well as the sides that help keep you in place.

Time will tell...

The new ones are heated (not that we need that down here) but I can't find a schematic anywhere.

ramdough

The OEM seats really didn't bother me. I was never uncomfortable in them. They seemed to be more of a "suspension-type" than my A0's have but that could just be perception.

The Pacifica seats are firmer and I was hesitant to install them. And the OEM's have better lumbar support as well as the sides that help keep you in place.

Time will tell...

The new ones are heated (not that we need that down here) but I can't find a schematic anywhere.
Broke Overland has a video of him making Pacifica seat heaters work. May want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD4044M

Wired for 6 LED Fixtures each on there own switch. Supposed to get the Lights today?? So I did the wiring for them. Got the switch box in place to control them. Will dress up the wiring more when I am sure they work off the switches right. Did them in a way I could remember just using feel to use them and still get it right. Need to shift the Switch DSCF6877.JPGBox over a little for more wire length to get the Junction Strip further hidden. Also drove the truck to my first American Legion Meeting! These are the Lights.LED Lights Combo (2).jpgDSCF6878.JPG

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wired for 6 LED Fixtures each on there own switch. Supposed to get the Lights today?? So I did the wiring for them. Got the switch box in place to control them. Will dress up the wiring more when I am sure they work off the switches right. Did them in a way I could remember just using feel to use them and still get it right. Need to shift the Switch View attachment 840073Box over a little for more wire length to get the Junction Strip further hidden. Also drove the truck to my first American Legion Meeting! These are the Lights.View attachment 840074View attachment 840072
Wow... So okay, most likely you remember the song "You Light Up My Life" ?
Seems like that can be your plan for sure!
Don't know what the lumen rating is, but it looks like you will be able to see all four sides of your truck.
Being able to turn on just what you need is a big plus in my mind.

Try and snap a few pictures for us one night when everything is hooked up :cool:
Might require sunglasses even...

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im afraid to ask what a new reman transmission cost these days !
that all depends on your perspective ... a "used " transmission /TC with no guarantee that it will function properly is @$4k-$5k delivered..... installation is $2k-$3k if not more..again with no guarantee that it will work....MTP remans the entire unit and actually dynos the unit before it ships..and they offer a 1 year warranty (parts only)...
I contacted the end all be all Allison Service center in Orlando 2 weeks ago... they said " if it has an Allison we'll repair/replace it"...$1100 for a 100 mile round trip transport...it sat there for 1 week and they didn't do sh*t...."sorry" was all I got out of them...needless to say they get a lump of coal at Christmas....or maybe a Molotov Cocktail !..lol
I contacted the local CAT/Ring Power in Daytona and they said "BRING IT"... that's after I gave them the TM manuals relating to tranny removal... in fact they had a monster ex military Oshkosh in the shop for a engine rebuild....and they warranty their work for 1 year....
As for price.. the tranny/TC shipped form Louisiana to Daytona is under $11k.... labor is estimated at @$2500... trust me ..I thought long and hard about the significant cash out lay....considering everything on the truck works well and factoring the total costs of the truck, transport, registration, insurance and all the nickel and dime shizzle.. I'll be I to the truck for less then $25k..... which is about the prevailing price for a Midwest Equipment truck...

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that all depends on your perspective ... a "used " transmission /TC with no guarantee that it will function properly is @$4k-$5k delivered..... installation is $2k-$3k if not more..again with no guarantee that it will work....MTP remans the entire unit and actually dynos the unit before it ships..and they offer a 1 year warranty (parts only)...
I contacted the end all be all Allison Service center in Orlando 2 weeks ago... they said " if it has an Allison we'll repair/replace it"...$1100 for a 100 mile round trip transport...it sat there for 1 week and they didn't do sh*t...."sorry" was all I got out of them...needless to say they get a lump of coal at Christmas....or maybe a Molotov Cocktail !..lol
I contacted the local CAT/Ring Power in Daytona and they said "BRING IT"... that's after I gave them the TM manuals relating to tranny removal... in fact they had a monster ex military Oshkosh in the shop for a engine rebuild....and they warranty their work for 1 year....
As for price.. the tranny/TC shipped form Louisiana to Daytona is under $11k.... labor is estimated at @$2500... trust me ..I thought long and hard about the significant cash out lay....considering everything on the truck works well and factoring the total costs of the truck, transport, registration, insurance and all the nickel and dime shizzle.. I'll be I to the truck for less then $25k..... which is about the prevailing price for a Midwest Equipment truck...
Yea thats a soul searching price but most people dont have any other choice to pay the price and hope for the best still make me sick at my stomach 13 5 for a transmission

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks