• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's about what a good running A1 costs these days private sale so you're not too far off the mark but you paid for it in time and stress I'm sure.
I just retired from playing cops-n-robbers in central Florida in January... after 30 years of getting lied to for a living.... patience has become my middle name...
Time is all I have now....stress? ..a fair amount for sure , especially from those mopes at Orlando Allison....but otherwise this ex military vehicle ownership thing is pretty cool .
And as usual a HUGE thanks to all the SS Gurus who have been breast feeding me through the last month.....

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just retired from playing cops-n-robbers in central Florida in January... after 30 years of getting lied to for a living.... patience has become my middle name...
Time is all I have now....stress? ..a fair amount for sure , especially from those mopes at Orlando Allison....but otherwise this ex military vehicle ownership thing is pretty cool .
And as usual a HUGE thanks to all the SS Gurus who have been breast feeding me through the last month.....
Well congratulations on your trip to the Goodyear Store (To get Re-Tired).
I am getting a little older too and one day soon - if I don't DIP (Die In Place) then I might retire. ;-)

Now hopefully you can deal with a much more laid back crowd!
I have patience for dealing with a lot of things but I just don't have it when dealing with people like you did...

THANK YOU

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG I will never get that visual out of my head this crusty crew breast feeding anything ( AAHUUECK ) IM GOING TO BE SICK ! You must be permanatly scarred we did that too you and all them hairy tittys maybe the 13,500 for the transmission wasnt that bad after what youve been thru lmao

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well congratulations on your trip to the Goodyear Store (To get Re-Tired).
I am getting a little older too and one day soon - if I don't DIP (Die In Place) then I might retire. ;-)

Now hopefully you can deal with a much more laid back crowd!
I have patience for dealing with a lot of things but I just don't have it when dealing with people like you did...

THANK YOU
after 7 months of ”retirement“ what I have learned is this : Have a plan… a long term plan. Once the novelty of retiring subsides and the “honey do “ list is complete , you will find yourself looking in the mirror and mumbling “now what?” .. Always forward has become my war cry. The harsh reality is that there is more light behind us than ahead of us , stay focused and don’t become sedentary. A sobering fact is that ex cops usually crawl into a bottle or eat their gun within 5 years of retirement without a sense of purpose or something that occupies them….

Ahhhh the beauty of a 9 ton M1078 becomes oh so apparent…..lol

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
after 7 months of ”retirement“ what I have learned is this : Have a plan… a long term plan. Once the novelty of retiring subsides and the “honey do “ list is complete , you will find yourself looking in the mirror and mumbling “now what?” .. Always forward has become my war cry. The harsh reality is that there is more light behind us than ahead of us , stay focused and don’t become sedentary. A sobering fact is that ex cops usually crawl into a bottle or eat their gun within 5 years of retirement without a sense of purpose or something that occupies them….

A really good older friend of mine made a point of reminding me that when my boys were grown that I needed a hobby. There is real goodness in having something to occupy your time. I really enjoy my weekly "shakedown" cruise to prove the repairs. Those are my reward for turning wrenches & spraying a spot of paint here and there.

Glad to hear that you have something big and green in your yard to keep you occupied!

Third From Texas

Those are nice looking seats.
Would be interesting to see how they ride...
Well, after some road time daily driving (my M1079 is my daily) and some highway time I'm pleased with the seats. The foam is a bit stiffer but the seats have ample "spring" to them (the A1R seats honestly are equally as comfortable, but I really wanted armrests).

I'd seen these seats used and always kinda thought they looked a bit cheap (the narrow armrests that is) but they are plenty sturdy. I think I will try and remove the seatbelt clip on the seats at some point (likely when I do my interior and wire the heat to these). The receiver won't take the OEM buckle but I would rather be anchored to the cab NOT just the seat (flying out the windshield buckled into the seat would not speak well of my metal-gluing skills).

Overall, they are not $2K Recaros but I've sat in $2K Recaros and they sure as hell aren't worth $2K, IMO. For $50 I'm pleased $1000 pleased and would take them from another old crippled bastard to get them again if needed... ;)

Third From Texas

And a bit of good news, MTP will actually buy your “core “ transmission or offer a substantial credit towards the purchase of a retrain….waiting on the final numbers now…
Yep, as long as the "hard parts" (ie: not clutches, seals but the shiny big metal bits the turn and grind) are not damaged, it's rebuildable to a shop. Of course the auto trans shops will always find hard part "damage" they can show you (they have piles of them that they will tell you came from your trans). But it is rare for a trans to fail "clean" unless it is simply water damage (ie: just melted clutches).

Worth the core charge assuming you can get it to them for less than they find to give you back...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after some road time daily driving (my M1079 is my daily) and some highway time I'm pleased with the seats. The foam is a bit stiffer but the seats have ample "spring" to them (the A1R seats honestly are equally as comfortable, but I really wanted armrests).

I'd seen these seats used and always kinda thought they looked a bit cheap (the narrow armrests that is) but they are plenty sturdy. I think I will try and remove the seatbelt clip on the seats at some point (likely when I do my interior and wire the heat to these). The receiver won't take the OEM buckle but I would rather be anchored to the cab NOT just the seat (flying out the windshield buckled into the seat would not speak well of my metal-gluing skills).

Overall, they are not $2K Recaros but I've sat in $2K Recaros and they sure as hell aren't worth $2K, IMO. For $50 I'm pleased $1000 pleased and would take them from another old crippled bastard to get them again if needed... ;)
Well no mystery with that statement ! I hear youve been seen lurking around the nursing home and now all the sudden the wheel chair patience keep being found laying out in the parking lot with their wheelchairs missing but local law enforcement have found all the wheelchairs left at the beach but all the armrest missing for some reason ! Im sure you could help lead them to the culprit of this heinous act and the authorities have a brief description of the individual said looked like a drunken beach bum with sandals and sunglasses but all the victims gave the same statements that they were all kicked and cursed while being pulled from their wheelchairs and threatend that he would return if they got nicer wheelchairs in the future . All were said to be in critical condition at this time.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Oh your gona be drinking !!!! And your gona have your gun out but you wont be shooting at you ! You will be shooting at the truck lmao ! My freind you have enterd a love hate hate hate love relationship with a 10 ton mistress that will constantly need all your spare money and attention atleast 6 days a week and dont worry you wont have too much time on your hands anymore there is always something to do to her from fix /update / grease / paint / rinse repeat but its been my full time job since i retired and i never worked this hard when i was working so now i pay to work this hard . ITS WORTH IT !!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, as long as the "hard parts" (ie: not clutches, seals but the shiny big metal bits the turn and grind) are not damaged, it's rebuildable to a shop. Of course the auto trans shops will always find hard part "damage" they can show you (they have piles of them that they will tell you came from your trans). But it is rare for a trans to fail "clean" unless it is simply water damage (ie: just melted clutches).

Worth the core charge assuming you can get it to them for less than they find to give you back...
And by the way ? What kind of a beach do you hang out at that doesnt have girls at it to take pictures of ?????? Not judging Just sayin !!!! JOHN WAYNE GASEY didnt like girls either .

Third From Texas

And by the way ? What kind of a beach do you hang out at that doesnt have girls at it to take pictures of ?????? Not judging Just sayin !!!! JOHN WAYNE GASEY didnt like girls either .
My GSD was a washout LEO K9. Too prey driven and highly aggressive to other animals (squirrels, cats, dogs, horse....straight for the throat). People get too bitchy when she runs off with one of the loose dogs (illegal, btw) in her jaws shacking them till their widdle necks snap.

I don't go to the popular spots when she's with me as a result. I'm just trying to avoid an exchange of gunfire...

But I do get out there. A few weeks back three "10's" came up after remembering riding in my old LMTV (and I thought of you for a split second). I was just setting up when they walked up and I didn't have the camera with me else you'd be eating those words. Plus I try not to be "that guy taking pictures" out there. If I can do it passively or if they are posing, I never miss a shot though.

;)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My GSD was a washout LEO K9. Too prey driven and highly aggressive to other animals (squirrels, cats, dogs, horse....straight for the throat). People get too bitchy when she runs off with one of the loose dogs (illegal, btw) in her jaws shacking them till their widdle necks snap.

I don't go to the popular spots when she's with me as a result. I'm just trying to avoid an exchange of gunfire...

But I do get out there. A few weeks back three "10's" came up after remembering riding in my old LMTV (and I thought of you for a split second). I was just setting up when they walked up and I didn't have the camera with me else you'd be eating those words. Plus I try not to be "that guy taking pictures" out there. If I can do it passively or if they are posing, I never miss a shot though.

;)
Im really surprised you havnt unleashed the HELL HOUND on your prey the elderly he could drag them from those sought after seats you covit so much in a split second ! Im always in horror reading your post expecting you to have changed your focus toward the window lickers on the short busses and what you could steal and beat out of them in one of your feeding frenzees

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

;)
Im sure your 3 (10s) remember riding in your truck because that where they woke up having no idea how they got there or where they were at when they woke up in your blacked out shop ! Guess you didnt use enough roofies that time CHESTER !!!! When is your first court date on that little misundrtstanding ?

Third From Texas

Im sure your 3 (10s) remember riding in your truck because that where they woke up having no idea how they got there or where they were at when they woke up in your blacked out shop ! Guess you didnt use enough roofies that time CHESTER !!!! When is your first court date on that little misundrtstanding ?
No roofies. I'm old school.

I still have ten thousand Quaaludes from the 70's in cold storage...

☮💤

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No roofies. I'm old school.

I still have ten thousand Quaaludes from the 70's in cold storage...

☮💤
OMG THATS SO FN FUNNY when i was in high school a half of a lemmon 714 and a half of of a beer and for some reason made me iresistable for some reason and if by the end of the night i hadnt got lucky i would take the other half and a cold beer made fat girls look GOOOOOOD ! Flight 714 preparing for take off to Nakedcity

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks