• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can confirm they can be swapped L and R.

All those little numbered tags just confuse things. Peel them off.

;)
I was going to pull the tail lights off the truck today but somebody turned the HELL FURNACE on right off the bat today ! It was so nice all last week while i changed tires thank goodness i guess ive got to go back to 3rd shift working on the truck this week . Im hoping this will be plug and play real easy then ive got led tail lights girls look at me lol

Phoenix77

Not gonna lie; this is genius.

MOLLE truck seat backs, cut off the straps (I left the top on so I could potentially clip something on for quick detach), then use self-tapping sheet metal screws to hold them taught.

Apply MOLLE pouches as needed in desired configuration. I did this same idea affixed to flat steel between the pillars on my soft top M998.

I will do two (2) more on underside of turret. You can get these for ~$13 ea.

These are affixed to the thicker reinforced areas so as to not poke through cab wall.0807211642.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not gonna lie; this is genius.

MOLLE truck seat backs, cut off the straps (I left the top on so I could potentially clip something on for quick detach), then use self-tapping sheet metal screws to hold them taught.

Apply MOLLE pouches as needed in desired configuration. I did this same idea affixed to flat steel between the pillars on my soft top M998.

I will do two (2) more on underside of turret. You can get these for ~$13 ea.

These are affixed to the thicker reinforced areas so as to not poke through cab wall.View attachment 841814
Hell of a good idea! Door panels as well .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was going to pull the tail lights off the truck today but somebody turned the HELL FURNACE on right off the bat today ! It was so nice all last week while i changed tires thank goodness i guess ive got to go back to 3rd shift working on the truck this week . Im hoping this will be plug and play real easy then ive got led tail lights girls look at me lol
For Sure! The heat is back and so is the humidity... It rained last night and as soon as the sun came up it was hard to breathe. Thought I was going to do some truck projects. That turned out to be Not So today!

Be sure that the trailer lights are "known working" before you remove them from the trailer. Or at least before you connect them to your truck. No need to fight a battle that is already lost.

I HAVE NO LED rear lighting on my trucks, so all I can do is mention something interested that happend recently. Apparently knowing what should be the ground is important on LED lighting. I have a set of convoy lights that I am going to attach to my M1088. Had a friend helping test those lights. Hooked the light reverse polarity and blew a fuse in the light. Doubt the tail light buckets have fuses in them, but wired right is apparently important to LEDs - or at least THESE particular Star Strobe LEDs.

And yes, before somebody says something, black wire = hot, white wire = ground is normal. Especially in house wiring.Star Strobe.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Sure! The heat is back and so is the humidity... It rained last night and as soon as the sun came up it was hard to breathe. Thought I was going to do some truck projects. That turned out to be Not So today!

Be sure that the trailer lights are "known working" before you remove them from the trailer. Or at least before you connect them to your truck. No need to fight a battle that is already lost.

I HAVE NO LED rear lighting on my trucks, so all I can do is mention something interested that happend recently. Apparently knowing what should be the ground is important on LED lighting. I have a set of convoy lights that I am going to attach to my M1088. Had a friend helping test those lights. Hooked the light reverse polarity and blew a fuse in the light. Doubt the tail light buckets have fuses in them, but wired right is apparently important to LEDs - or at least THESE particular Star Strobe LEDs.

And yes, before somebody says something, black wire = hot, white wire = ground is normal. Especially in house wiring.View attachment 841817
copy that ! when it cools off a little i will get me a chair and sit down with the test lite ! i didnt ck if they worked before so that adds to the fun ! Thanks

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
copy that ! when it cools off a little i will get me a chair and sit down with the test lite ! i didnt ck if they worked before so that adds to the fun ! Thanks
Still hot and muggy here and the mosquitoes are out in force!

Guess you will figure out if the lights when you hook them up.
OR when you make a test lead.
Most LEDs are multi volt, so you might be able to test them in the garage or the house where there is air conditioning!
Battery charger is overkill, but it generates power for testing :cool:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still hot and muggy here and the mosquitoes are out in force!

Guess you will figure out if the lights when you hook them up.
OR when you make a test lead.
Most LEDs are multi volt, so you might be able to test them in the garage or the house where there is air conditioning!
Battery charger is overkill, but it generates power for testing :cool:
As usual thats a great idea ! I wont hurt them with 12 volt will i ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
all lights on FMTV's are 12v
I wasnt sure i had bought some 1102s some years back and had to swap bulbs to 12 volt bulbs before they were brite enough and hadnt had to do anything to my truck or big trailers . Thanks for the info

Phoenix77

Been a minute or two - sidetracked by the wife to build a waterfall / stream plumbed into our 1/4 acre pond recirculation system I made - but here's the latest. Finally putting the cab back together, which is a good feeling.

I'm a Star Wars fan, and especially enjoyed The Mandalorian. I was a classics minor, and my teen daughter loves Greek mythology, so the combination "Achilles" with a former government transport and the latent Greek / Spartan influence in Mandalorians in the Star Wars universe makes it work - at least in my mind.

Got a buddy at work to cut the vinyl for the "kills" and painted them on.

Four (4) 90w speaker system with the cheapest Bluetooth head unit known to Man ($27 on Amazon) make a pretty decent sound system without being [too] stupid.

Gotta arrange MOLLE pouches on back wall and install panels on underside of turret hatch still.
0805211738_HDR.jpg0805211738.jpg0805211943.jpg0807211306.jpg0807211320.jpg0811211836_HDR.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
all lights on FMTV's are 12v
But making sure I am reading it right coachgeo :

The FMTV (The 7-Ton) tail lights and by extrapolation, the headlights are 12 volt.
The LMTV and MTV tail, turn, running, and headlights are all 24 volt.

Correct? Or, Maybe I should say that my particular MTV's have 24v lighting.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But making sure I am reading it right coachgeo :

The FMTV (The 7-Ton) tail lights and by extrapolation, the headlights are 12 volt.
The LMTV and MTV tail, turn, running, and headlights are all 24 volt.

Correct? Or, Maybe I should say that my particular MTV's have 24v lighting.
No, all lights, all over the truck, in any truck in the FMTV family, are 12V. There are no 24V lights.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a minute or two - sidetracked by the wife to build a waterfall / stream plumbed into our 1/4 acre pond recirculation system I made - but here's the latest. Finally putting the cab back together, which is a good feeling.

I'm a Star Wars fan, and especially enjoyed The Mandalorian. I was a classics minor, and my teen daughter loves Greek mythology, so the combination "Achilles" with a former government transport and the latent Greek / Spartan influence in Mandalorians in the Star Wars universe makes it work - at least in my mind.

Got a buddy at work to cut the vinyl for the "kills" and painted them on.

Four (4) 90w speaker system with the cheapest Bluetooth head unit known to Man ($27 on Amazon) make a pretty decent sound system without being [too] stupid.

Gotta arrange MOLLE pouches on back wall and install panels on underside of turret hatch still.
View attachment 842195View attachment 842196View attachment 842197View attachment 842198View attachment 842199View attachment 842200
ComicCon Assault Vehicle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks