• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

98G's M818 acquisition and build....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So.... I've got an M818 coming my way. I earned it. It's compensation for a truly ungodly amount of driving.

There's really not much left to do to it. The previous owner went through it rather thoroughly, and optimized it to suit his needs.

It has been equipped with turbo and pyrometer, 16.00R20s on early style HEMTT rims. I've got a pair of NOS hemtt seats with it to install, although the stock seats are ok.

The issue I see right now is the front wheel studs aren't long enough for the thick hemtt rims. PO knows this and included a complete set of longer wheelstuds. The rears are held on with just the thimbles. My intent is to take a set of 395s on LMTV rims with me at pickup, and just swap wheels and tires instead of trying to swap wheelstuds. The hemtt rims and 16's will go on my M925.

I'm all kinds of enthused about it. I intend to use it to tow the M129A4, and just general toy....attachment-10.jpgattachment-19.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice my XM818 is my favorite big MV to drive and the only mods on it are G177's, M939 spare davit and seats.

2015 MVPA convention 142 (2).jpg

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck. Why did you decide to keep the 1600 20s instead of putting on the 395s? Too bad you have to sell her

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck. Why did you decide to keep the 1600 20s instead of putting on the 395s? Too bad you have to sell her
If I were going to tow the M129A4 semitrailer regularly, I'd want to put 395's on the truck and trailer both, in order to share a spare and in order to tow the trailer level.

But the 16's really appeal to me cosmetically, and also I acquired another XM818 on 11.00''s to tow the semitrailer with so I didn't see the need to swap these out.

I don't want to turn this into an extension of a for sale ad, but I'm selling it just to thin the herd. It isn't a "have to" situation fortunately . This one being the most highly customized with the most curb appeal made it the choice to go up for sale.

162tcat

How about some pics from under the hood? Curious to see how the turbo setup was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you still have the truck, would love to see the turbo set up. Thinking of turboing mine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks