• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulled the Valve Cover...

Bravo2Uniform

My Brothers and Sisters:

I pulled my valve cover off to change the valve cover gasket. I noticed a large pool of oil between the # 2 and 3 valves. I'm not sure of the theory of this part of the engine; is that oil supposed to be there?

Samll Valve Cover Off - narrow.JPGSmall Valve Cover Off - Wide Angle.JPG

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless there is a hole under the puddle that is plugged with something foreign, it's fine.

I'm slightly concerned that there is an oil passage in the rocker shaft tower that could be leaking there. But to simply have oil there should not be an issue.

You could start it for a second and see if oil is spraying out from under the rocker shaft support. Be prepared for a mess.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks