• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adventure Driven's photos and videos of their M1079

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow when I get home from work, I’ll post many photos and measurements. I lost all the photos of the install process when an sd card crapped the bed. But I did it by feel and by dial measurements. Feel was spot on.

expeditionnw

The dimensions of the ring are irrelevant. In fact, by taking it down more than just opening the top, there stands a chance it wont load the pinions the same from warping when bolting (hypothetically).

I simply took the top off a cap with a cutoff wheel, then faced it on a mill.

It only needs to have two flat parallel faces. I took mine down to the bolt mounting face, so I could use the same bolts.

Last edited:

Mos68x

The batteries are next, have not yet decided on what to do.

Seth
If you’re concerned about $$$$ then stick with the Interstate GC2 210Ah batteries, I get mine from Costco for about $105 out the door including core charges. BUT, if you have the money I would suggest using Chevy Volt/Nissan Leaf/etc... battery packs instead. May not give you as much total kWh for the money, but they will last SO much longer. I’m even considering going the Tesla pack way, which is just a bunch of 18650 batteries. Just a thought to consider.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a friend who races mini electric go karts. He gets the rechargeable battery packs from Ford electric/hybrid cars from the junkyard. They are supposed to be very long lasting and they are light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks