• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy 4x4 Dump (K30) Recovered

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in search of a K30 chassis cab with either a contractors (mason) dump or flatbed dump. Would like something I can use all these CUCV parts on. Not really interested in a 6.2 or a stick but would consider one. Attached is something along the lines of my needs.
I also have an M1010 for bartering for the right truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had to urinate in my corn flakes didn't you. Grrr. For everyone else, that truck was for sale and the very day I was approved to buy it by the War Dept, it was sold. Gimp knew this. That's not nice.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Said letter is in my greedy little hands. I found a suitable candidate in SC but the seller, who requested texts, won't respond. I'm on a campaign now to blow up his phone with texts until he adises that it's sold or drops the ad. (I did try calling too).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought this search would last for months! Not so, found this within 40 minutes of it being listed. I am truely blessed! Lets hope I can work out the logistics. It is a dump.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
K or a C?
It's a V actually. That would be the K of that model year. 4WD is a must. It's the 80" C/A length. 350/ 400TH/ 205 case. Only real drawback of this truck is it has a govbomb in the back. I'll replace the carrier and add a Detroit No/Spin. I thought all 87 model 1 tons had throttle body injection, not this one! I've confirmed that it was delivered with a carb. TBI will be added before fall. Bed has some rust underneath but flatbeds aren't rocket science, I'll get it fixed.

Added pic from CL ad.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knees are wrecked. Since putting the SM465 in the SECM, driving has become ....complicated. As far as the 6.2, I have to use low range to get up the driveway. Traction isn't the issue, power is.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find! How far away is it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one Larry, ended up selling all my deuce stuff. Now just small stuff. Can't work on the big stuff without pain anymore. I wanted a crew cab but my wife convinced me that a dump would be useful. I am in agreement.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, I have to share this with everyone. Now that I have secured this truck I was going to keep my end of the deal I put forth to my wife. I volunteered to sell the M1010 if I got this truck. This morning she asked how much I was selling it for. After disclosing my asking price she inquired about a family discount. Come to find out, she doesn't want me to get rid of it at all. Looks like I win on both accounts. I should never have used the phrase "War Dep't".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks