• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dashboard access S404.1

ckwatson

Okay, maybe I'm very dense.

How do you access the dashboard of a Unimog S404.1 so you can replace the ignition switch, light switch, speedometer, etc.?

If from the engine compartment, since there doesn't seem to be anyway to access from the cab, what has to be removed?

Also, any tips on replacing a windshield wiper motor.

Replacing ignition & light switches because my mog wouldn't turn off, even with the ignition key removed, and the lights were acting very weird - headlights sometimes on, sometimes off, etc.

V/R,
Chris Watson

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to access everything from the engine compartment. There is a rubber "curtain" that you'll have to pull out to get at the stuff, it's there to keep the area reasonably clean.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks