• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite LED Headlights----Finally Ordered a set.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ordering two more sets for my two CUCVs that are in long term storage.
Will not install right away, but at least I will have them.

cucvrus

They keep dropping in price. If it were me I would hold off. LED's were optional and expensive on most truck bodies. They are now standard and inexpensive in comparison to a few years ago.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tinstar,
can you elaborate a bit more on the stripped adjuster repair? My m1008 is stripped and I need to fix them. What all has to come off/out to get to the stripped parts?

Barrman

The adjusters are just plastic plugs that snap into a square hole and have threads in the middle. CUCV drivers side is easy. Pull the headlight surround, unscrew the adjuster, look in there and pop out the old plastic part. You can reach in from behind to catch it. Either install new ones or do like I do and just put a nut and washer on there.

The passenger side could be a hassle depending on your battery size and how thick your arms are.

cucvrus

The passenger side could be a hassle depending on your battery size and how thick your arms are.

They snap in from the front side of the core support. The Hulk could change them with the stock replacement ones. Remove the bezel and pull the spring. Just remember to clean the contact surfaces on the head lamp buckets and the core support. Not a bad idea to put a dab of grease on the contact points. Helps reduce the friction and make the head lamp seat itself properly. Or nut and bolt them as mentioned. They cost me $3.18 for 2 of them stock head lamp adjusters off of the HELP rack about 2 weeks ago. Good Luck have a great day.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Above two threads are correct.

Do NOT forget to lube the bucket tabs that have already been mentioned.
Without grease, which is what I used, the new plastic adjustment seats will strip out in about one/two turns.

Makes all the difference!!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics of the 1008.

Don't forget to order the relay drop in from LMC Truck when you do the lights.

I think picture 5 and 6 shows the difference between low and high beams. I was driving and my son was taking pictures. Basically you can now see the road.

IMG_2546.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2546.JPG
IMG_2503.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2510.jpg
IMG_2544.JPG

They give my Audi a run for its money!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cucvrus

I know they are a huge improvement. And more valuable then anything else you can put on a good running CUCV. I changed the plow lights to LED this past winter. Huge improvement. LED is the way of the future. I seen the 24 volt ones on 5 tons with the heating element built into them also. I have not seen a 12 volt rectangular one with heat yet. I will inquire to our Trucklite rep. Looks good.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does everyone still think we need the LMC relay drop in when using LEDs? The amp draw is like half of incandescent? Thanks for the pictures, the results are impressive.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does everyone still think we need the LMC relay drop in when using LEDs? The amp draw is like half of incandescent? Thanks for the pictures, the results are impressive.
Shoot I forgot about that :). I had done it before but you are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I have never done any upgrade on the head lamp harness. i have the same M1009 for 20 years and never had any problems with the wiring. I replaced the fuse on the lighting circuit with a circuit breaker and my troubles were over. I also used a few in line fuses to eliminate the over heated fuse box circuit. To me it is the loose connection at the fuse box from prolonged over heating and a not tight connection. If the connection were tight. I feel the problem would disappear. So NO upgrade needed. Change all the bulbs to LED and problem solved. I replaced the under dash cab light with an LED truck lite license plate light. And used an LED overhead in 2 spots in my M1009's. huge difference. Lights up like an operating room. LED is the way of the future and it is here now.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The amp draw is way less than regular halogens.
So Im betting the relay mod isn't needed.
I did not install one.

I've had mine on high beam only for over 7+ hours straight and they didn't miss a beat.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know they are a huge improvement. And more valuable then anything else you can put on a good running CUCV. I changed the plow lights to LED this past winter. Huge improvement. LED is the way of the future. I seen the 24 volt ones on 5 tons with the heating element built into them also. I have not seen a 12 volt rectangular one with heat yet. I will inquire to our Trucklite rep. Looks good.
The heating part kicks in at 50* outside temp.
They show the amp draw with and without the heater activated.

Not sure of price yet.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I contacted our Truck lite support rep.

Subject: FW: 27450C

Do you offer the 5 X 7 12 volt LED headlamps with a heaterelement built into the lenses. If so what is the part number? And do you have apicture of it?

Sorry, no.

So I am correct. Truck lite doesnot offer a heated 27450C 5 X 7 LED head lamp. I know 27450C isthe standard 5 X 7 LED but was told that they now make a heated lamp. I haveplow trucks and am having an issue with the ice over the standard LED.

Tech Support <tltech@truck-lite.com>\

Yes you are correct, there is no5x7 with a heated lens.

I added the icing part myself to clarify my needs. I know that all technical assistance people can not be very technical and wanted to explain my needs a bit.
I have seen the 7" round LED's with heat elements. I seen them in the 5 tons at Rausch creek this past weekend. Question. Why would the de-icier engage at 50 degrees?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked
They have been removed from website

They had the normal led headlights
The ones that are designed for either left or right side traffic
And the heated version, which is no longer visible on site.

It had the new part number and in the specs the amp draw with and without the heating element activated.
Thats where I saw the 50* part.

Im really confused now.
I know I wasn't seeing things.

Edit;
Yes I was looking at the 5x7 and no other size TL headlight
I did lot of research before buying a set and saw the now gone heated version.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6288.jpg
I knew I wasn't going crazy.
This is from an Australia website
No picture anymore
Price was listed at $499 plus shipping

scottladdy

Keeping headlight adjusters from stripping.

It's fixed ...Found the main reason why they strip so easily
Steel on steel and no new smooth paint or lube.
Way Way too much friction for the inserts to overcome.
Removed and Cleaned them up
Fresh lube applied.
Problem solved.
Works beautifully now.
This! Keep the buckets lubed. Also does not hurt to lube/anti-seize the threads on the screws. Never an issue after this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks