• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to group - just bought a 404s

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MGs, huh? That was my final weapon of choice, a lightened and prepped in general MGB with a 308 c.i. V8. Still no match for AWD, launch control, paddle shifter, and other modern wizardry.
Sorry to hear about the train incident. Please give your friend my best.

Another Ahab

MGs, huh? That was my final weapon of choice, a lightened and prepped in general MGB with a 308 c.i. V8. Still no match for AWD, launch control, paddle shifter, and other modern wizardry.
Sorry to hear about the train incident. Please give your friend my best.
You're kind and a good man to mention it. The FLU Farm. But, really, he's fine.

He makes a good living as a paper-hanger/ house painter and lives a good life.

He was crazy BEFORE his accident, and he came out of it just as crazy as ever. A survivor he is!

Last edited:
Help me understand my braking system. I know it's an air-brake system. I see the gauge depleting if I hold the brake. I will just ask the dumb question, maybe SaddamsNightmare or TennMogger can comment about driving this 404 on the road, and you get to a light that's like 4 minutes (Baton Rouge Traffic system is strange), I figure I should be pulling the parking brake while idling in neutral so not to deplete the air tank?

How fast should the air tank be refilling? I have on my list to do the brake system cleaning and run through this weekend.

I read a couple of posts about a couple of Mog owners that rolled into a Dodge Caravan and another his garage door because they couldn't stop the truck?

I am a bit spooked, what can you guys tell me that I need to know driving?

You can probably tell my manual experience is thin. I need to figure this out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks