• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO filtering

st8drumz

My deuce came with the spin-on oil filter upgrade already done and the old system/parts came with it. Was thinking of trying to set the dual filter system up to filter WMO to run in the truck. Most of what I have read suggests 5 micron or less filtration but do the filters for that set up filter particulate that small?

m715

I don't think you would be happy, but yea it will work. Save yourself time and make something better. I have been gathering parts and looking at what other members have done. I wanted a centrifuge but the prices are out of my reach. I did find a deal on spinner 2 96se. This is one of the bigger sized oil spinners I think its around two gallons a minute volume. I am working on a pump for the oil now. Enjoy your truck.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The finer you filter the better. DO NOT get filter housings with bypass valves. My experience is they will still leak a very little bit and you will go through filters on your truck eventually. It is my recommendation you you air pressure to push the oil through filters. It has worked well for me and you can control fuel pressure though the filters a lot easier than you can with a positive displacement pump. It also uses less energy to operate. Make sure your hoses are rated for the work you are doing, put shut off valves on everything and put drains on all your tanks. Watch out for water as all oil will have some in it. I cant tell you how many times people give me oil and it ends up havingt some water in it. So run the oil through a screen before it enters your filtering system to get out the dead mice, leaves, etc and have a plan to remove the water from your filtering system. Leaving tanks open for air to get inside will allow air to condense on the colder oil thus introducing water to your fuel. It has happened to me. Also if you have any gasoline in your WMO, the gasoline always goes to the top. Having a method to stir up the fuel before you pull from a tank is not a bad idea.

Beyond Biodiesel

The problem with WMO as a fuel is it tends to be saturated with carbonb from blow-by, and it happens to be mostly less than 1 micron in size; therefore, blending it with a solvent to thin it out, such as diesel fuel, then either leaving it to settle for 1 month, or centrafuging it several times, will remove the sub-micron particles of carbon. Otherwise filters are good to get the big chunks out before settling, and/or centrafuging.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks