• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield glass question

04mustang

On the early trucks, not the newer heavily armored ones like m1114 and up, will the glass from the hardtop windshields work in a softtop frame?
Like glass from a m1025 or m1045 in a m998 frame? And i am aware that the retainers from the m1045 supplemental glass would be thicker than the m1025 versions.
Are the glass pieces themselves physically the same size for both styles of windshield frames, thickness asside?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M104x series is like 5/8 th thick, the others are same thickness...[ thinner ],
The M104x series bezels are same thickness, but have a joggle to them.
I have some available.
All will fit in either frame.
The 5/8th glass also uses a lower W/S frame retainer system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks