• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 months, no update, no progress. I was hoping to see an addition to this thread that had engine installed pics after I got home, but noooo!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m hoping you’ve been too busy making a fancy “free to a good home” sign for your lonely, neglected little engine. I’d be willing to pay a small rehoming fee for it...

grendel

You need to just put two motors in the bed of this truck, with the transmission and bring it out here. I'll get it done for you.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you fogged the engine after you played with it last.

Did you ever get rid of the Allison mobile home transmission? I think I want one...

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You using the stock air filter? I have some killer MRAP air filters with the housing if you decide you need to upgrade.
Hi bud. Are those the same as an example you had at the Findlay meet? Air filter on the 9 is a known weak point, even for the stock 8.3L. ISL-400 is an MRAP engine (as you well know), so I will be looking to change. I'm hoping to not lose the fording capability, but if I do then so be it, I hope to never drown the truck anyway. I grabbed the air cleaner box from the RV, since it was stock for that engine and power level, but of course it is some ugly plastic thing with impossible mounts on it.

Are yours MRAP, if not OK, do you know any ratings on them? Thanks.
If you already haven’t, better get you one before Gimpy runs out!IMG_5518.jpgIMG_5519.jpg
Almost a direct replacement for the stock housing, will need to shorten the hanger bands a bit for the 2” less in diameter, and change the plumbing over to match the 6” in and out, vs stock 5”. Also, some cool turbonator action going on inside...

74M35A2

I hope you fogged the engine after you played with it last.
Cute, bro. ISL-400 has indoor storage.

Did you ever get rid of the Allison mobile home transmission? I think I want one...
Yes, as it was not part of the engine sale to me. I listed and sold that 6 speeder tranny on eBay. It went overseas. It was electronic, so took a lot of external modules and such to work. Had all that with it, but cal would be way off due to axle ratio and tire heigth differences.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I was about to crack a beer in celebration of forward progress, Dammmm, no beer for me tonite!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I believe the new paint job on that pretty motor will be faded by the time you get that thing in. It will probably need to be painted again.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he’s planning on recycling old posts/excuses. We are pretty much back to “it’s too cold” again.

The circle of life.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its snow flurries here and I was still able to get an air tank added on today and slap a coat on the ISO bed before it set in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks