• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

red

Okay love the information but need a guide to understand what I am seeing, what does RPMTLOF stand for? Each letter please.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
RT=Roadranger twin countershaft
RTF=twin countershaft with forward mounted shifter
RTO=twin countershaft with overdrive
RTOF=twin countershaft with overdrive and forward mounted shifter
RTLO=twin countershaft with low and overdrive
RTLOF=twin countershaft with low, overdrive, and forward mounted shifter
RTOO=twin countershaft with 2 or more overdrive gears
RTOOF=twin countershaft with 2 or more overdrive gears and forward mounted shifter

There are other letters but this covers the majority of the eaton fuller road ranger twin countershaft transmissions.

A forward mounted shifter (F at the end of the letters) places the transmission shifter roughly where the spicer 6453 shifter is in the m809 series trucks.

After the model letters come the model numbers. There are normally 4 or 5 numbers. 4 numbers are transmissions rated for less than 1,000ft/lbs torque, 5 numbers are rated for over 1,000ft/lbs torque.

The first number (when 4) or first 2 numbers (when 5) stands for the rated maximum torque.
The next number designates which design level it is.
The last 2 numbers list the number of forward gears.

Take RTOO 14613 for example. Twin countershaft with at least 2 overdrives.
Maximum torque rating of 1,400ft/lbs
6 in the design level (multi mesh gearing is what 6 stands for)
13 forward gears.

Now take RTOF 9513. Twin countershaft with overdrive and forward shifter.
Maximum torque rating of 900ft/lbs
5 in the design level (coarse gearing)
13 forward speeds.

Last edited:

74M35A2

See how smart you are? That is exactly where I was headed with this.

Could you imagine hooking two together? You would have like 169 gears to jam. That's a lot of jaw jacking on the CB.

Last edited:

red

How bout complicated, 3 stick shifting! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYaTvvq4g

If you watch the video in the link I'm pretty sure he's driving a 13 speed and throwing the main shifter around way more than necessary. His shift levers are left-gear splittler. Middle-main shifter. Right-Hi/low. The splitter and hi/low are just air solenoids. Most people use this shifter handle instead of 3 shifters:

Heavy_Duty_Air_Shift_Knob_455_5002__36762.1407433572.1280.1280.jpg

Red switch is the gear splittler, black is the hi/low

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I guess if you need to feel like your a badazz, go for it.

I'd never be able to drink my Jack N Coke if I had a shifter like that.

I know I'm a badazz, so I have no need for such shifters.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess if you need to feel like your a badazz, go for it.

I'd never be able to drink my Jack N Coke if I had a shifter like that.

I know I'm a badazz, so I have no need for such shifters.
You spilled your Jack N Coke in my truck and I have an automatic....and you weren't even driving!

Bad azz, my azz...:mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

You spilled your Jack N Coke in my truck and I have an automatic....and you weren't even driving!

Bad azz, my azz...:mrgreen:
That might have been because it was my 10th. I wasn't too drunk to notice the chips you had been eating though...
chips.jpg

How you found that flavor is beyond me

gimpyrobb

HA, nice try.

The only time I was THAT bad, DH ran me over with his golfcart.

TWICE! Now you know why I gimp around

74M35A2

Got the mechanical to electronic throttle interface solved. Cummins actually makes a control adapter for marine. That was easy. This will handle the throttle and trans modulator cable, all with the stock pedal.

Next step, get the 400hp 8.9L ISL engine out of the RV, up here, and ground run it. Engine ECM only needs power, ground, and this throttle input. ECM is changeable to 24v, I will need a 24v lift pump. Optional cruise control via switches, mechanical dash throttle lock will still work. Cummins p/n 4070035.

IMG_1328.JPG

Last edited:

74M35A2

It is a 2005 engine, but I am still going to stuff a new rear crank seal in it while it is out.

I will likely transfer over my 6CTA flywheel housing, fan drive, and exhaust manifold, to keep everything at the same locations. Oil pan too if need be for front axle clearance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks