• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Visit to the NASM, Dulles, VA

Adamlee

Finally thought to bring a camera this time...I actually teach within 5 miles of this museum, but had never remembered to snap pics!

My in-laws were visiting, and I convinced them to visit the "western branch" of the NASM at Dulles versus the "eastern" branch on the Mall in Washington, DC.

Just a few snaps of aircraft that most interest me: the "only ones left in the world of their type" kinda aircraft.

and, of course, the Enola Gay. Awesome aircraft. enjoy.

Attachments

Adamlee

more snaps from NASM

here's some more from NASM

Attachments

ajg6989

RE: just a few more

real nice Im glad Enola Gay is back together. My Grandfather was in the 4th in Korea with the yellow nosed F-86A's before the yellow stripe.

kipman

Real nice, The pilot of the enola gay lived close to us in Fairfield County, Ohio my neighbor who was ww2 bomber pilot new him... great history.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Anyone know the status of Bocks Car? Is she getting restored as well?

vtdeucedriver

RE: Re: Nuke bomber

I have not been to Dullas yet but I noticed that they got Enola up on stands, can you walk underneath it????? Just wondering if this is another measure for protestors not to deface her.

Sad, about a month ago Paul Tibbits died. His last request was to be cremated and spread out over the english channel. He did not want to give the protestors a place to deface.

vtdeucedriver

RE: Re: Nuke bomber

Love the pic of the SR-71..............great plane but the one in the pic that is upper left is better!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a N3N-3 on floats!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks