• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Exhaust

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Solution. I found a muffler a couple years ago from a mid 80s chevy car. It may have been a Caprice or a Camaro with a 305. I can't remember. It has 2" id inlet and outlet. I still have it as I planned to do what you did. It should be super quiet. How does yours sound?

1944mb

View attachment 680412View attachment 680414View attachment 680413Hi for what it is worth I found this Walker muffler that has the inlet and outlet on the same end . My truck had no exhaust past the driveline so I couldn't find anything for it so I winged it and built what you see from pictures in the manual. All the stainless pipe and vband clamps came from AceRace Inc .
Nice work! Did the v-band clamps that you used-did they take an exhaust donut or was it a flat faced flange?

yodraino

20170321_155136.jpgThey are flat faced with a male female ring on them that interlocks together . They are mostly used in the aftermarket turbo industry. I paid about $37 each

yodraino

sorry. posting for the first time and already telling lies . It was not a walker muffler I used it was a Donaldson M085207 3in in and out 8.5 diameter body length 22in.
the walker muffler I was looking to use has been discontinued ..

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
De-tining up-tuning

Just a few more feet of welding to be done on a final concept for the tuned G749 muffler. Muffles the muffler man could have stopped at the first design which I was happy with but they could hear a bit of tin sound coming out of the end caps so a few tweaks were added. We'll grab some audio at some point so we can all enjoy the hum of the 302.

IMG_0407.jpg

The work these guys do for Can ams, snowmobiles, dirt bikes and all kinds of toys makes me real humble that they're fitting us in line.

Anyone need a sea-horse for display?

IMG_0408.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 mufflers

Nice looking muffles are any of those available ( for sale) or are they all spoken for?

We need to find some brave trucks to try these out and get a few more testimonials from the prooving grounds. We'd be real happy to see one on an M133 though.

What would the team say about painting them? Any suggestion on some serious muffler paint?

Resized_20170706_182234.jpg P7070188.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread? I have mufflers older than this thread. Still a few mufflers sitting around in the garage gathering rust. Haven't had one fail yet so we're not driving the trucks hard enough I guess. Send me a PM.

1944mb

https://www.aceraceparts.com/ Is a good site for exhaust. Thanks Yodraino

View attachment 680412View attachment 680414View attachment 680413Hi for what it is worth I found this Donaldson part #M085207 muffler that has the inlet and outlet on the same end . My truck had no exhaust past the driveline so I couldn't find anything for it so I winged it and built what you see from pictures in the manual. All the stainless pipe and vband clamps came from AceRace Inc .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks