• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1200r20 tires on a m916a2 ????

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I came across 12 new 1200r20 tires from a stryker.Trying to figure the best way to mount them on my freightliner m916a2.Any good ideas,I guess single it out with 5 ton combat rims.I was hoping to run duals on the back.cant figure how to do that .don't want to put tubes in tubeless tires.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
9.5 " tread.I am going to be running this truck in and out of the landfill,Didnt want tubes in the tires,since they are tubeless tires.

Special T

5 ton combat rims are too wide. 10" those should be put on an 8-8.5" wide wheel. For full working capacity. I've seen them singled out on 7.5" wide duce trucks before, and I bet they would work that way as well.

I wonder what bolt patter the Mrap wheels have. I've only seen a wheel once and it looked like it could be a 10 hole hub pilot, of the current semi truck design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ReoRider

Might look into the M139 set up from the original 5 ton series. As you likely know, the first 5 ton versions ran a couple of tire sizes; single 14:00 for the narrow bed cargo, and then dual 11:00 for the rest of the initial line. The slightly later M139 was the wider, heavy carrier (boat launcher, prime mover) and it carried dual 14:00 tires with front and rear spacers to provide room for the full width of the double tires in rear and to clear the fender well structure in the front. The spacers have turned up on the site and I got some from TNJ Murray in the past. Longer studs and the early 5 ton wheels should then get you able to use your new tires as duals. All these wheels were stud piloted; width shouldn't be a problem with the increase to 8 1/2 feet allowed across the board, and the 12 size would give you a little top end speed increase over your originals.

I've been running the last series 5 ton tires and wheels (14's) as super singles on my M916A1 with great success, but to support the full load carrying capacity of the truck, the dual 12 set up would be better.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks