• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locker install

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just slightly, as the turbo spools, it starts to pull. Shifts from 2nd to 3rd about 8mph. What I like is not being in 7th At 35mph. In my opinion it makes each gear more useable. I think with the 290 engines it would be perfect.

ramdough

Just slightly, as the turbo spools, it starts to pull. Shifts from 2nd to 3rd about 8mph. What I like is not being in 7th At 35mph. In my opinion it makes each gear more useable. I think with the 290 engines it would be perfect.
I wonder how that would be with the 290 engine in a 6x6? Any guesses?

Did you take any pictures with of the front install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fronts the hubs have to come off, along with the brake spider and then you can pull the front axle shafts. With axle shafts pulled you can un-bolt the center section and remove. Fairly straight forward. It will be much more involved on a 6x6 as the center axle has more to take apart, and then I don't know If the pinion gear is comparable with that style carrier.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a locker for the rear of my truck from Bryce. Found a meritor center section takeapart and put back together manual online. Not for our axles but similar construction. Have it installed and put back together, now just need to finish setting the lash. View attachment 676379View attachment 676380View attachment 676381View attachment 676382View attachment 676383View attachment 676384View attachment 676385View attachment 676386
DiverDarrell

I am getting ready to do the same locker upgrade, when you installed the locker did you leave the original thrust washer that was behind the axle gear installed or was it removed?

Picture 7 shows it still in the diff half and I didn't see them in picture 8. It looks like it will go together either way, not sure which is correct.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks