• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Status of the Military Salvage Yard in Rolla, Missouri

bbbang

There is a large military salvage yard in Rolla, Missouri on Highway 63. Does anyone on the forum know the owners name and how to contact him by phone, etc.. The phone number I found for the place in the phone book has bee disconnected. The house on the property appears empty, with no one around. Any info on the place is apprecitated. Thank you.

beaubeau

Hello Offrodworks! It sounds like you are like my son and I with work on 4x4 and Mods. My son is more Obcessed than I am!! Must be Bad genes!! Check out (NHDIESEL) I have bought a couple Airport Tugs and built a Skidder from one to pull trees from my woods. I just convertid my friends Skidder from a N.A Perkins Diesel with standard trans, to a Turbo Diesel with 3spd.outo trans with Shuttel from an airport tug. Those Perkins Diesels are good Runners! I wand to get another and stuff it in a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton pick up. Have a good YEAR!! Phil.

tuff-truck-guy

he does live there he's in his 80's and dosent hear well if the old lincoln is in the drivewayhe's prolly there or the ford dually with the welder in the back,"he's near out of his mind on pricing though u can almost buy new for what he wants for most of his stuff, his phone is shut off and u have to beat like **** on his door like i said he's real hard hearing.hope this helps he does have a amazing amount of mv's though and he has them all over the country the spot on 63 is prolly the smallest bunch he has.

chief1983

I went to school there for 5 years (02-07), only managed to check out that yard once. He did at one point have a DUKW rusting in the front yard, this was 8 years ago though. He had $15,000 charcoaled on the side. He also had some fire trucks and some old Jeeps, I don't remember much else. Anyone happens to stop by and get some recent pics that'd be cool.

Kaiserjp

Deans salvage

I helped Warren back in the late 80's assembling M151's that he aquired after they were cut into 5 sections.We tacked them together and he sold them as farm vehicles for around 600-1400 bucks.Buyers had to sign a statement that they would not attempt to regiser them for highway use and had to complete the weld job.Wish I had the foresight to buy a few back then. Now he spends much of his time battling the city of Rolla about his salvage yard.He recently had a Halftrack that had a boom mounted on the rear deck,priced it at 5600 but its gone now.Currently has a Gamma Goat sitting out front. He mentioned he wanted to see my M715 so I plan to drive it over there on a Saturday and try to catch him. maybe get to walk his yard like i used too.We'll see.

bwood

I helped Warren back in the late 80's assembling M151's that he aquired after they were cut into 5 sections.We tacked them together and he sold them as farm vehicles for around 600-1400 bucks.Buyers had to sign a statement that they would not attempt to regiser them for highway use and had to complete the weld job.Wish I had the foresight to buy a few back then. Now he spends much of his time battling the city of Rolla about his salvage yard.He recently had a Halftrack that had a boom mounted on the rear deck,priced it at 5600 but its gone now.Currently has a Gamma Goat sitting out front. He mentioned he wanted to see my M715 so I plan to drive it over there on a Saturday and try to catch him. maybe get to walk his yard like i used too.We'll see.
The last time I drove through Rolla, (about a year ago) it looked like he had quite a few M38A1s. Do you have any idea what he sells those for and if he still has some of them? Any info would be appreciated.

Kaiserjp

I know he had 2 M38A1's for a long time.They are gone now.The yellow one was sitting on a flatbed trailer about 4-5 months ago so he must have had a buyer for it. I drove over there several weekends in a row but could get ahold of Warren. He cant hear very well so you have to really knock hard on his door or just catch him out somewhere.He still has the Gamma-Goat and a lot of 5 and 2.5 ton trucks.He has one M715 frame and a couple of Mutts. I didn't see anymore M38A1's and his 2 CJ2A's were gone also.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one of his M-151A2's ........was real interesting how he talked someone at DRMO into letting him cut them the way he did!!!
The main floorpan was intact with sections of the body cut off and then tacked back in place. I drove mine about 5 Miles from the guy that I bought it froms place. Ran and drove well.........I was gonna weld it back(Would have been real easy!!!) But greed got the better of me...LOL. Payed $1200.00 for it drove it the 5 miles back to my shop and a guy came bye as I was unloading it and peeled out 35 crisp
Benjamens!!! To much pressure for a FAT BOY like me so I let him have it. The guy I bought it from was buying them from Dean as he passed thru deadheading in his tractor trailer and then selling them when he got home to cut his losses. I was gonna get him to P/U a
couple more but I let it slip away.
popacom /BILL in Kyauaauaaua

CHRIS UNGER

I bought some tires and wheels off an M101 trailer years ago and some other parts . I pass by there going to the lakes and stop by but I don't think he is doing much collecting anymore. His prices were a little steep years ago too. A really neat guy to talk to though.

poorfarmer25

I drive through rolla on occasion I can confirm that his prices are realllly high, on the other hand he does have some great stuff if you have the cash!

poorfarmer25

gamma goat

Sorry I haven't been through Rolla in several years, I know the last time I was up he was bragging about his goat, I think it was uncut which was very rare. He may have died I don't think he was in very good health last time I went up, You might search for Rolla in the forum's and see what comes up.

wdbtchr

He sent me a hand drawn ad for a Goer about 10 years ago but I was never able to make contact with him. I went by his place many times while my boys were going to college in Rolla but finally gave up.:roll:

QM Vet

I used to drive by this place when going trout fishing at Montauk State Park near Licking.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Dean is still in business or if there is a new owner?

There used to be (nine years ago or so) a large boat facing the highway that I always wanted to buy. It looked like a huge Jon boat with racks and reels on it. I thought it might be a water purification barge, but wasn't sure.

Does anyone know if it is still there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks