• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Status of the Military Salvage Yard in Rolla, Missouri

jasonjc

Seen it on my Facebook feed from MV Magazine.

"End of an era! Dean Government Surplus is being scrapped out. Started just after WW2, with hundreds of military vehicles. Mainly big trucks and demilled M151s. ...Warren Dean had a knack for repurposing vehicles such as WW2 high speed tractors to bulldozers and log skiders. He also had a large quantity of Vietnam era Goer vehicles. Which are quite rare!"

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I can't get a POC ( not Warren he is in care home) but he will sell whatever is still there. You need to get there quick.

Andy1234

Dean's yard will be gone within the month. I stopped by about a week ago and there wasn't much left.

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I am Truly Impressed with the drivetrain used on the M26. I would think that the drive system used would be dated at the very least. Thanks for the photos Troop!

I am going to look into the M26 and see what is so great about the unit. Were the prime movers used the same engineered system as well.

waayfast

Looks like your only about 100 mile away. You NEED this truck, you KNOW you do! Come on, make yer significant other REALLY proud of you--besides the thing is big enough you could likely find a place on it or in it to move into if you had to:p!

All kidding aside, these are THE biggest , baddest trucks of WWII. Huge, thirsty, rare and with a cool factor that is clear off the chart!
ME?? If I were that close I would seriously be checking into buying that.

Jim

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am Truly Impressed with the drivetrain used on the M26. I would think that the drive system used would be dated at the very least. Thanks for the photos Troop!

I am going to look into the M26 and see what is so great about the unit. Were the prime movers used the same engineered system as well.
83677775.UFQveUs3.1888M25engineHallScott440.jpgHallScott440engine.jpg The M26 & M26A1 prime mover was the Hall-Scott 440. The engine displaced 1,090ci. (17.9L) ran on gasoline, and developed 240hp. at 2000rpm. It would be nice if someone could step up and save this M-26A1, it's a rare piece of American Military History.

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Say Andy1234, is the M26 still there and is the Cat willing to deal. I am in the thinking mode. That's not far from Cuba Mo. and maybe I know a friend that might be interested if everything would fall together, and to complete resto, or engine complete.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Here is a photo of one for sale in North CA,

waafast that Prime Mover looks to be ready for occupation already. Some plastic over the window openings, I have a few P-38's and a running engine will heat chow nicely.

Lets get a Troop together and procure both, one for parts and the complete unit to Heavy Haul for Uncle Sam, as a Civi.

Very Good pictures Tracer, Thanks.

And for the Record The Wife, said that I am already trying to relive my youth and the Prime Mover would be just that, moving me further south to stay warm year round.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks