Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of the Military Salvage Yard in Rolla, Missouri

Private
    Thanks

Default Deans salvage

I helped Warren back in the late 80's assembling M151's that he aquired after they were cut into 5 sections.We tacked them together and he sold them as farm vehicles for around 600-1400 bucks.Buyers had to sign a statement that they would not attempt to regiser them for highway use and had to complete the weld job.Wish I had the foresight to buy a few back then. Now he spends much of his time battling the city of Rolla about his salvage yard.He recently had a Halftrack that had a boom mounted on the rear deck,priced it at 5600 but its gone now.Currently has a Gamma Goat sitting out front. He mentioned he wanted to see my M715 so I plan to drive it over there on a Saturday and try to catch him. maybe get to walk his yard like i used too.We'll see.

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjp View Post
    I helped Warren back in the late 80's assembling M151's that he aquired after they were cut into 5 sections.We tacked them together and he sold them as farm vehicles for around 600-1400 bucks.Buyers had to sign a statement that they would not attempt to regiser them for highway use and had to complete the weld job.Wish I had the foresight to buy a few back then. Now he spends much of his time battling the city of Rolla about his salvage yard.He recently had a Halftrack that had a boom mounted on the rear deck,priced it at 5600 but its gone now.Currently has a Gamma Goat sitting out front. He mentioned he wanted to see my M715 so I plan to drive it over there on a Saturday and try to catch him. maybe get to walk his yard like i used too.We'll see.
    The last time I drove through Rolla, (about a year ago) it looked like he had quite a few M38A1s. Do you have any idea what he sells those for and if he still has some of them? Any info would be appreciated.

Private
    Thanks

I know he had 2 M38A1's for a long time.They are gone now.The yellow one was sitting on a flatbed trailer about 4-5 months ago so he must have had a buyer for it. I drove over there several weekends in a row but could get ahold of Warren. He cant hear very well so you have to really knock hard on his door or just catch him out somewhere.He still has the Gamma-Goat and a lot of 5 and 2.5 ton trucks.He has one M715 frame and a couple of Mutts. I didn't see anymore M38A1's and his 2 CJ2A's were gone also.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaiserjp For This Useful Post:

bwood (03-07-2011)

Thanks

I had one of his M-151A2's ........was real interesting how he talked someone at DRMO into letting him cut them the way he did!!!
    The main floorpan was intact with sections of the body cut off and then tacked back in place. I drove mine about 5 Miles from the guy that I bought it froms place. Ran and drove well.........I was gonna weld it back(Would have been real easy!!!) But greed got the better of me...LOL. Payed $1200.00 for it drove it the 5 miles back to my shop and a guy came bye as I was unloading it and peeled out 35 crisp
    Benjamens!!! To much pressure for a FAT BOY like me so I let him have it. The guy I bought it from was buying them from Dean as he passed thru deadheading in his tractor trailer and then selling them when he got home to cut his losses. I was gonna get him to P/U a
    couple more but I let it slip away.
    popacom /BILL in Ky
    KI4QQB........TECH CLASS
    M-151A2 in process
    M-561 Gama Goat W/S-250 shelter
    M101A3-1ea
    SOCOM-Pinzgauer in process
    M-416A1
    M-116A2 chassis Gen trailer- SOLD-
    TONS 'O' COMMO gear
    surge brake Pioneer tool trailer -Traded
    M-35A2C -SOLD-LOOKIN SWEET POSTMAN!!!
    M-116A3 x 3
    88-3/4 Ton Suburban(Soon to be a CUCV Suburban Clone)
    "BATTLE BURB"
    89-1 ton,4door,4x4,dual wheel contact maintainence
    Bed. "GET HER DONE"

Corporal
    Thanks

I bought some tires and wheels off an M101 trailer years ago and some other parts . I pass by there going to the lakes and stop by but I don't think he is doing much collecting anymore. His prices were a little steep years ago too. A really neat guy to talk to though.

Private
    Thanks

I drive through rolla on occasion I can confirm that his prices are realllly high, on the other hand he does have some great stuff if you have the cash!

Thanks

Default Goat

Anyone knows if he still has the Gama Goat, what kinda shape it is in, I am looking for one.
    M151A1 1966
    Pinzgauer 710M 1975
    M100 1952
    M561 1970
    M37 w/w 1952
    M274A5 Mule 1969
    Pioneer Trailer 1967
    GP Small Canvas
    If I fill this line wife will walk!

Private
    Thanks

Default gamma goat

Sorry I haven't been through Rolla in several years, I know the last time I was up he was bragging about his goat, I think it was uncut which was very rare. He may have died I don't think he was in very good health last time I went up, You might search for Rolla in the forum's and see what comes up.

Thanks

He sent me a hand drawn ad for a Goer about 10 years ago but I was never able to make contact with him. I went by his place many times while my boys were going to college in Rolla but finally gave up.
    Alex B. - Son
    David Bryant (passed 08-13-201
    Kaiser Jeep M51A2 1965
    Kaiser Jeep M54A2 1967
    Dodge M37 1953
    International Cub 1958
    International Cub 1967
    Case 580 1968
    DTC 8606 Forklift

Private
    Thanks

I used to drive by this place when going trout fishing at Montauk State Park near Licking.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Dean is still in business or if there is a new owner?

There used to be (nine years ago or so) a large boat facing the highway that I always wanted to buy. It looked like a huge Jon boat with racks and reels on it. I thought it might be a water purification barge, but wasn't sure.

Does anyone know if it is still there?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast