• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Make it quiet. Lower decibel level M809

CMPPhil

Take the cab top off let the noise out

Hi

Know that this might sound snarky, but think about it for a moment with the cab top off the sound goes bye your ears only once as it exits the cab. With the cab top on the noise in the cab gets to bounce around and go bye your ears several times.

I run one of my 3 tons with the cab top off and it is quiter than the one with the cab top bolted on besides who doesn't love a 3 ton or 5 ton roadster?

But actually I have been reading this tread and others on noise reduction for ideas to cut down the noise. Both of my trucks hit 112-120db at full throttle in anything but 4th (top) gear. Only good solution I've found so far is noise canceling headsets with intercom. Intercom makes it so that you can actually talk with person 2 feet away. With the intercom set up to also acess the radios it makes talking with the rest of the convoy.

Cheers Phil

Jakelc15

I added a padded floor mat on the entire cab floor.
It didn't help much with the sound but hopefully eith keeping the heat in this winter.

I finally put a muffler on. Fit it in the mirror brackets.
That made a noticeable difference in sound.
Jones 5050xl
A couple peterbilt clamps and poly bushings.
Some 5" stainless elbows and flex.

I'll get some db numbers next time I drive it in the daylight.
20181112_154915.jpg20181112_154932.jpg20181112_154953.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks