• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Excellent fabrication

Bill W

wow!
Here I am patting myself on the back for the glass rack that I just made for my truck and now I see this excellent fab work! wow...again!

Jones

I really like a well thought out project-- it's all in the details. Like the way he's maintained the departure angle by making the rear wall of the camper carry that angle too. And the fact that he used some of an existing Unimog design in making his sub-frame. Pretty slick.

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: Excellent fabrication

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
$78,000 is a little steep for my pocketbook.
Well yes, mine too. However, it does inspire me quite a bit. I read through the entire site to soak it all up. All of these tips and tricks and mods, etc. are great.

I was chatting with my children about camping in the deuce/s280 for bday's and they are all about it. We drove yesterday to the top of Cheaha State Park in AL for the first time. Great drive and beautiful up there (tallest point in bama). I'll end up putting some things in the s280 to make camping in it a real pleasure.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Excellent fabrication

Thanks Andy:
That might be a good retirment project only use a duece for the base and sell it for $7,800 for the rest of us.

Mike_Pop

That Unimog belongs to Darrin Fink from Douglas, WY. I was lucky enough to visit Darrin and his wife Andie back in 2004 at their home. He went to school for engineering and is originally from the Baltimore area. Now he owns a ranch and does some amazing technical stuff. Such as: his entire house is solar powered, he builds his own 4x4 campers based on the Mitsubishi FE truck platform, does top notch welding, and lots of other stuff. He is extremely anal about details and it shows in the rigs that he fabricates. He's got a big collection of toys from Unimogs to Porsches to motorcycles. On top of that, he's a really nice guy. But then again...most Unimog owners are.

His wife..er..ex wife Andie had her own hydroponic green house where she grew oranges and bananas...in Wyoming! She is into making gluten free foods because of her diet. I found her to be an amazingly beautiful and interesting girl.

6x6pinz

Off topic I know but how long ago did they get divorcedd? Seemed happy to me just a few months ago.

And oh yeah most excellent fab work on any project he tackles.

Mike_Pop

Off topic I know but how long ago did they get divorcedd? Seemed happy to me just a few months ago.
Mike, If you go to Darrin's home page, he has a new wife in the pictures. The last time I talked to him was about a year ago. I think it's been at least two years since he and Andie have been apart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks