• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Cooling System Upgrade Kit

Hi I have a m1009 with a hmmwv crossover with a temperature sensor in the driver side port. Will the hmmwv kit work for me? Please also pm me purchase info.

911joeblow

I assume everybody understands that if you have a HMMWV crossover you can use the existing HMMWV kits completely.

911joeblow

What's the possibility of changing water cross over from HMMWV TO CUCV K5???
That is the kit that is finishing up the first short run and we are taking pre-orders on. You get it at the discount price right now. Full production after the first run will be a bit of a wait.

Drock

I received the kit in the mail today thank you. But I have a couple question. In the instructions it shows a "coolant overflow hose" coming out of the top of the crossover. As my truck is a M1028, with a HMMWV crossover I don't see how this will work for me?

I received the kit in the mail today thank you. But I have a couple question. In the instructions it shows a "coolant overflow hose" coming out of the top of the crossover. As my truck is a M1028, with a HMMWV crossover I don't see how this will work for me?
yes I have the same question as mine is a m1009 with a hmmwv crossover. What goes here in the pic?

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the hmmwv crossover available for sale, PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

911joeblow

OK guys if you are running a HMMWV crossover but not running an overflow tank like the HMMWV does then we will have to block off that port or change the fitting to a simple 90Deg vs the 'T'. If you are running an overflow tank then this line goes to the tank.

I would suggest considering running an overflow tank with a return as is helps evacuate air from the system and allows for added coolant in the system. PM me or direct email to dkhajavi@gmail.com for specifics on your case.

911joeblow

So just to head this off at the pass here are the options if you don't have or don't want to add an overflow tank:
1. You guys can get an AN-6 Female Cap locally and simply cap the extra end of the 'T' and not use the AN-6 push lock 90Deg fitting in the kit.
2. I can send you a 90 Deg fitting and you can send back the 'T' and the AN-6 push lock 90Deg fitting to me. This will take a week as I don't stock that fitting.
3. I can sell you the additional fitting if you want to keep the other parts for some reason. Again one week lead time.

Sorry about any confusion. I have added overflows when I use the HMMWV crossover so that was a bit of an assumption on my part that you all did the same.

Drock

So just to head this off at the pass here are the options if you don't have or don't want to add an overflow tank:
1. You guys can get an AN-6 Female Cap locally and simply cap the extra end of the 'T' and not use the AN-6 push lock 90Deg fitting in the kit.
2. I can send you a 90 Deg fitting and you can send back the 'T' and the AN-6 push lock 90Deg fitting to me. This will take a week as I don't stock that fitting.
3. I can sell you the additional fitting if you want to keep the other parts for some reason. Again one week lead time.

Sorry about any confusion. I have added overflows when I use the HMMWV crossover so that was a bit of an assumption on my part that you all did the same.
I guess HMWWV's have a different set up then the CUCV's? Mine already has an overflow / expansion tank on the drivers side, which is fed buy the port just under the radiator cap. It looks like you'll need to offer 3 versions of the kit. (#1) HMWWV,... (#2) *Stock*CUCV,... (#3) CUCV with HMWWV crossover,... I'd prefer having the 90°.

911joeblow

I guess HMWWV's have a different set up then the CUCV's? Mine already has an overflow / expansion tank on the drivers side, which is fed buy the port just under the radiator cap. It looks like you'll need to offer 3 versions of the kit. (#1) HMWWV,... (#2) *Stock*CUCV,... (#3) CUCV with HMWWV crossover,... I'd prefer having the 90°.
OK, I will order up some 90's. Anybody else want to go that route too?

911joeblow

Anybody who wants the 90Deg fittings please send back the 'T' and the AN6 90Deg to the same address we shipped from. The 'T's are going to be ready to go out Monday.

Anybody who wants the 90Deg fittings please send back the 'T' and the AN6 90Deg to the same address we shipped from. The 'T's are going to be ready to go out Monday.
My M1009 also has a factory expansion tank and I'd like whatever parts it takes to make this kit work for my M1009 with HMMWV crossover. If you need parts sent back are we expected to pay return shipping?

sschaefer3

1st class mail in a padded envelope is quite inexpensive. Next time you order something from Amazon save the envelope and re-use it. I just sent the same small part to Canada in a re-used Amazon envelope and it was 9.95, now that is even to a foreign country. Your looking at 2-3 bucks.

911joeblow

Just curious, how are the 100% CUCV kits coming?
The kits are moving ahead nicely. We are expecting the CNC parts in 2 weeks which is the real hold up. I am deciding whether to anodize the adapter to match the fittings or leave it natural aluminum to match the crossover and the radiator hose flange. Everything else is basically ready except that the demand for kits is drying up the common kit parts so we are tooling back up for that too.

Then to add more complications the Army is asking for 10 more kits for testing. So it is going to be a busy fall!

911joeblow

My M1009 also has a factory expansion tank and I'd like whatever parts it takes to make this kit work for my M1009 with HMMWV crossover. If you need parts sent back are we expected to pay return shipping?
I think the best for those like you is to have me send out the 90 Deg fitting. As far as the return of the other parts go you can send them back first class mail. Should be $2-$3 at the most. I can refund that upon receipt.

911joeblow

I had a PM asking if he could order the 90 Deg fitting on his own. For the group yes you can do that but it will not be the same as the one I am providing. The only real difference is the color of the anodizing will not match. So if you want to go that route send me a PM and I can send you details on the fitting requirements.

For all others I will be receiving the 90s on Monday and will ship same day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks