• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for parts

MAJOR

Looking for a source for parts on a flu-419 see. At this time in particular , a passenger side utility light and composite light ,complete with wiring and mounting bracket. Thank you

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you really want one, I have a few left over stock work lights. Not the bracket or park/blinker light, though.
Places like Vons may have the complete setup.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, I'm guessing that you use Google. That's how I found this site, while searching for info on SEEs.
In the process I also came across numerous parts sources for Unimogs in general. Some are companies selling new and used parts, others are individuals.
Either way, with the condition of the SEEs being auctioned off now, I strongly suspect that many more will be parted out. As complex as a SEE is, if enough of the systems is damaged in some way, many new owners will likely give up and sell.
Not knowing your intended usage (maybe you do want a 100% stock SEE) maybe that one questionable work light (in all fairness, even those stock lights are better than the headlights) and street legal lighting isn't a necessity at all?
And even if you do want or need factory appearance and lighting, there are probably numerous other things you should prioritize. Air system maintenance, fluid checks/changes, lubrication in general, and so on.

peakbagger

VonsMog.com has some inventory, worth checking it out but definitely hit or miss. Most of his stuff is 406/416 rather than 419 specific

Expedition Imports has about the largest inventory in the US, just because its not listed in the inventory its worth opening up a ticket and inquiring about a part (supply the NSN and the part number from the parts manual) as getting everything inventoried is a work in progress.

Lots of folks who attend military auctions buy old SEE inventory and list on Ebay. As I have commented in the past, some of the prices they ask appear to have been picked randomly (or they are looking for someone with deep pockets).

If the parts you need are Unimog Parts, (versus added on SEE parts), Couch Engineering (couchoffroad.com) can order any Unimog part still stocked by the factory. They import a container of parts from Europe on a routine basis. In order for them to help you, you need to get the VIN number. Its stamped on the frame just ahead of the passenger side wheel. It will start with WDB and then have series of numbers (note its a non compliant VIN ). A dealer has access to the Mercedes Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) and they can enter the VIN and get a read out of the exact build sheet of the specific SEE. Just be aware that Mercedes parts are very pricey.

I have had luck just searching for the Mercedes Part Number on google and see where it leads me. Be aware that there are a lot of sites in Europe that may pop up that are just middlemen (same as searching NSNs) unless it goes to actual seller I ignore them.

Be aware Unimogs are far more common in Europe and the OM352 engine has been used everywhere, non OEM parts are lot more available and lot less expensive in Europe. With the Euro cheap against the US dollar, I have bought several items from Europe lately. If its lightweight and can be air freighted, its not that outrageous to ship but forget it if its heavy or bulky. Usually it comes quick but I just got a service CD for my 1300 that took a month to get delivered

Westfield 4x4 has a "store" on Ebay, they have been expanding their inventory of mostly running gear parts.

Atkinson Vos www.unimog.co.uk has a lot of unimog parts. They are in the UK so factor in shipping.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks