• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC to Cellphone Adapter and Military Radio Digital Modes Adapter

Timberwolf22

Augi,

I found this thread after you had closed the last run of boxes so I would be interested in getting my hands on the VIC to cell phone adapter. I have a VIC-1 system setup in M35A3 and Shelter unit. Please add me to your list when deciding if you will complete another run of the boxes.

FKAM

I have decided not to do another run of boxes until I get 10 solid confirmations that people will buy them. Right now about 5 people have expressed interest, but some of them are low post count users and who know's if they will ever show up again.

Augi
I'm one of those low posters, I just don't talk all that much, don't want to bore people. I've been wanting to ask you some questions on other things you've done, maybe I should. I've subscribed to this thread and will be watching. Thanx

Augi

Pm me any time.

I'm one of those low posters, I just don't talk all that much, don't want to bore people. I've been wanting to ask you some questions on other things you've done, maybe I should. I've subscribed to this thread and will be watching. Thanx

kml9705

I'm probably low post too but definitely want one for a VIC-1/VIC-4 system.

I'm also looking to interface 2 Motorola CDM 1550's with the VIC-1/VIC-4 system if you have any insight on that.

germanrifle

Well i found all you have to do is cut some ear buds off and stick the wires in the press sockets of the master vic-1 box.. Works fine with my phone. 4 bucks and i can play music, hear gps etc.

Last edited:

kml9705

Well i found all you have to do is cut some ear buds off and stick the wires in the press sockets of the master vic-1 box.. Works fine with my phone. 4 bucks and i can play music, hear gps etc.

True, but then you can't answer calls through the headsets.

How is your volume when hooked up that way? Mine is very low. I was thinking of adding a small amp between the phone and the VIC box. Not sure if it would work or if it would damage anything.

germanrifle

Taking calls was never a priority. With the road noise and the engin, never struck me as something i wanted to do anyway. Volume is fine. I lower the volume on both the phone and box then sync them. Plays as loud as my avionics set. Need a balance between volume and traffic sounds with the head sets on.

Also, I just wanted to see if it worked as there is 0 response to this thread over the original topic. Its not as good as the reworked box idea but it solves a basic problem of music etc through existing equipmemt.

Previously, I just used a portable speaker and my phone. That works great too, when I don't want to use the head sets.

Crapgame

That's how I used to run my M577 and M125/M106 mortar tracks, used to plug the ol' Sony Walkman into the Line sockets to listen to Guns n Roses on log roadmarches, the music would cut out if you had to trans over FM with the CVC helmet boom mikes.

btw: put me down for next run no rush.

Augi

Good news everyone!

I've decided to do a second run of 20 units.

Check back in a month or so when I have them completed.

Augi

Preacher2017

Hi Augi,
Preacher2017 here and I am interested in one of your set ups. I am new to the VIC systems so I'm not sure which one I have. The tag on it says Control Indicator CD-82/VRC NSN#5895-01-382-3221
Also would you know how to hook a TRI PRC 152 or PRC 117 replica radio to these systems as well?

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Preacher2017

Augi

CD82 is the main control unit for the VIC-3 system. The system consists of an additional box for each crew member (up to 6) plus cables to connect them together and headsets.

Sorry I don't have anything for you on hooking up the TRI radios.

Augi

Augi

Ok everyone, the list for this round of 20 units has filled up and here it is:

1: ixpacman
2: RadioGeek99
3: aceeaus
4: FKAM
5: Timberwolf22
6: kml9705
7: Andrew
8: Andrew
9: Andrew
10: Lionel
11: dilvoy
12: Sikorsky502
13: Sikorsky502
14: metalman
15: Lionel
16: dcexige
17: dcexige
18: kserumgard
19: Preacher2017
20: OwlofDarkness
21: jdmcm

Once I have completed assembly I will contact each of you via PM and ask for payment. If someone backs out or doesn't respond within a few days I will go to the next person on the list.

People are from more than one bulletin board, so the list is ordered by timestamp.

Expect another month or so before the run is ready to ship.

Augi

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks