• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter gauge not working

erasedhammer

Upgraded to the new A2 body and eng harness and all the gauges work except for the voltmeter.
There are no unconnected wires in the battery compartment, whats wrong? Broken gauge?

NormB

Or connect a 9v battery to it directly. That'll tell you RFN if it's the meter or the wiring harness or something else up stream.

VOM might not give easily interpreted results. Got data on normal resistance?

NormB

Got 24v at the gauge
Either the meter's bad, or - and this is a longshot but a possibility if there's a circuit breaker upstream - your meter may be shorting out. I've read somewhere on this board about the metal frame retainers causing some problems. Don't know exactly how but pull the meter, or just the frame, and connect meter ground and the hot lead. Meter, if it's okay, it will indicate voltage. Then figure out what's rubbing.

Wire Fox

Thats what I think......I tested 5 gages, all did not work when I grounded the one opposite the rubber boot.
Well, dang. I may have done this one wrong on my gauges too, except that mine is working. My fuel gauge was flaky, so I'll check for this when I open it back up to check the connections on the fuel gauge.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a perfect example why we ask you to continue a thread, rather than start a new one every time .

If this was in your wiring harness thread"s", the logical solution(installed wires wrong) would have been much easy and faster to suggest.

Help yourself, and everyone else...

bonedadyz

I am having similar issues had my bezel out and my voltmeter got against metal and arced, no my generator 2 light isnt working and,no power to voltmeter at all going crazy trying to figure it outany help in the right direction would be really appreciated ,im newbie on this and have to figure it out on my own ,please help......

Action

I am having similar issues had my bezel out and my voltmeter got against metal and arced, no my generator 2 light isnt working and,no power to voltmeter at all going crazy trying to figure it outany help in the right direction would be really appreciated ,im newbie on this and have to figure it out on my own ,please help......
Atleastyouusedspacesbetweenthewords. Do you have a loose power wire in the dash? What is a "generator 2 light"? My hot wires have rubber boots on them.

gestut

this post helped me trmendously, i just got new gauges for my humvee that i dont have yet . lland tried the voltmeter on a battery hooked up the way i thought it would , i thought i got a bad one then i read this post and hooked the ground to the bracket lugs, and it registered voltage. fyi it does not even budge if you hook a 12v car battery but when you connect 2x12 v it does work,

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Has an expanded scale so it doesn't even come off the stop until 20 plus volts. Get to know this gauge. It is important.

Green go , Yellow or Red fix it. CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks