• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MSD-ICE Kit Diagnostics

319cssb

I am getting this messages when I connect the MSD ice box to the Miltope.
Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? Or what causes it? I tested the Ice box as suggested , and there is no short.

IMG_9899.jpg

Wire Fox

I am getting this messages when I connect the MSD ice box to the Miltope.
Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? Or what causes it? I tested the Ice box as suggested , and there is no short.

View attachment 713698
I would get a very similar error if I tried to do the initial self test with any cables connected. When I remove all but the DCA and serial cable, I could pass the test, then connect what I needed and it would measure just fine during the actual vehicle diagnostics. What's plugged in at the time of the error?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just came across your post. The STE-ICE manual, TM 9-6625-2301-10 lists the following:

HMMWV GM-UART Adapter 13580883
Cable Assembly, Interface Device, Electrical (HMMWV GM-UART Adapter): 13580883 (18876) 4920-01-495-0703

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further.

firefinder

Wire Fox

Only the DCA and serial cable
Terribly sorry for never replying to this. I hope you found a fix! If you haven't, I'd get in and start testing some things with a separate multimeter. First would be the actual voltage from your vehicle...it's possible if it's low, it probably won't allow your MSD to work correctly. As well, try to see if anything is caught between the contacts on either the cable or any of the sockets, plus try and test if there's any internal shorting on your DCA cable. I'd focus on observing the W-4 cable sockets (I forgot what their J numbers are, as its been a while), as those are what would throw the same error on my kit.

Mark4904

Excelsior! I was able to tweak the disc a bit and successfully got the ICE drivers to install. Plugged in the main connector to the STE/ICE port and connected the ICE Box to the serial port on my laptop and was able to feed live voltage data through. I used both the straight ICE tool, and the HMMWV IETM also had success initializing the ICE Box and getting data. I'm really glad to see that the ICE Box and the cables are good to get that connection established. Tomorrow, I'll get some pictures and will try out one of the transducers on something, if I can. Maybe also get LabView up (provided on the disc) and see if I can make use of the analog probes and see how precise they are.

Trying the Dearborn Protocol Adapter will have to wait, as I just don't have anything to test with it. Once I get some of the wiring in for the TCM, I can at least drop on the connection there to see if I can get it to throw error codes at me and show that it works.
Are you still looking for an ice system?

Ras1

Hi everyone, I have ste-ice questions.
I had the old ste-ice, in an aluminum box, with it's own digital readout. It was extremely limited in what it could do.

I see these newer ste-ice units, that appear to hook to a computer. I have also seen a "swice" kit, it is a wireless version.

Has anyone gotten a newer unit working with an older laptop?

Does anyone have a complete working setup for sale?

thanks,
dave

aslemmer

Are they not able to be copied, so that people have to sell the originals? I figured someone had made copies and was selling either the disks or flash drives.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks