• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MSD-ICE Kit Diagnostics

aslemmer

I legitimately paid for my MSD/ICE equipment; however the discs were missing. I don’t see an issue with purchasing a missing component; it would be the same as if I were missing a cable or connector.

selleckg

Sure, I'll be happy to once I'm home. I'm actually working on picking up a second kit for both spare parts and as a lender unit. There's a MV museum near me that has three HMMWVs on the way and they would probably appreciate having one of these on-hand to do a bit of tuning (though I admit, most of the precision work is in the injection pump...and that's a separate tool set).

The biggest thing to note with these kits is they're dead weight without the software (well, the Dearborn Protocal Adapter could function with software available on the DPA website for their "legacy devices"). Mine was fortunate enough to come with both disc 1 (operating system) & 2 (drivers and programs). I'm willing to share an ISO image of either disc with anyone that can prove they own one of the kits. The software licensing on it appears that it's A-OK to be transferred from one user to the next [and there is no unique serial keys that have to be entered during installation of disc 2], but the discs do state that they're for distribution with the MSD-ICE kit only, so I don't want to distribute to anyone without a kit.
I need the OS disk. It didn't come with my set. What can I show you to prove I have the set?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do. Thought I was responding directly to an individual not the whole list. lol First time user on the site.
It's all good selleckg !

We do our best to be helpful here - but we do have fun every chance we get! Guessing you already know for sure now, but unless you send a PM (Private Message) which by the way is now called "Start Conversation" everybody sees whatever you post. Just to be sure, like most other Internet conversations "Private" isn't really private either. You and whomever and anyone on the list of Moderators could see anything sent by PM.

We generally use PM's (Start Conversation) when you want to make an offer on something for sale. Or if it is the other way and a vendor offers something to you for a price as a PM. Or if you get irritated with somebody and you want to say "hey, buzz off" or maybe "I respectfully reject your comment" without starting a s#!& storm on the forum.

Come on back any time for sure - and often too!

selleckg

Sure, I'll be happy to once I'm home. I'm actually working on picking up a second kit for both spare parts and as a lender unit. There's a MV museum near me that has three HMMWVs on the way and they would probably appreciate having one of these on-hand to do a bit of tuning (though I admit, most of the precision work is in the injection pump...and that's a separate tool set).

The biggest thing to note with these kits is they're dead weight without the software (well, the Dearborn Protocal Adapter could function with software available on the DPA website for their "legacy devices"). Mine was fortunate enough to come with both disc 1 (operating system) & 2 (drivers and programs). I'm willing to share an ISO image of either disc with anyone that can prove they own one of the kits. The software licensing on it appears that it's A-OK to be transferred from one user to the next [and there is no unique serial keys that have to be entered during installation of disc 2], but the discs do state that they're for distribution with the MSD-ICE kit only, so I don't want to distribute to anyone without a kit.
Are you still willing to make ISO images of disc1 and 2?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks