• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 external power connector

Tiger1cat

Hi All,

I have heard of and seen pictures of what I think is an external electrical connection on the M38A1 jeeps. There appears to be some sort of outlet that is mounted in a recessed circular area on the passenger side of the vehicle. Was this standard on all M38A1s? Was there a separate generator or alternator to supply power to this?

Thank you very much,

Joe

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That recess is for the slave receptacle. A slave cable can be plugged in there to jump start "slave off" other vehicles or that one if it has a low battery. The receptacle is part of a winterization kit, and was rarely installed. The collector community, however, (myself included) loves to install the receptacle anyway. The Jeep has no special generator used with it. Oh and welcome to Steelsoldiers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks