• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire pressure, mpg, ride quality

erasedhammer

The manual states there is a 250 mile range with a 25 gallon tank.... But, it lists the same for armor and non.
For M998s it lists 337 mile range. I assume that's at curb weight? What do they do to measure that, I feel like that was not accurately measured.

someoldmoose

I understand, it can be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. No malice involved, just don't want the moderators to get on ya. Hope my answer about pressures helps.

Ever hear "your actual mileage may vary" ? Forget "may". No two vehicles will ever get the same mileage. It's a number based on limited testing. A"made up" number. It all depends on how you drive and maintain the vehicle. If an HMMWV gets 10 m.p.g. under normal use and conditions . . . yer doin' well.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currently running 30 front and 28 rear. Should I at 5 to each?
From my tire selling days in another lifetime, I would say the radials of this size even with the run flats should have a min of 30-35. No full size pick up truck/van/suv made in the last 30 years on the highway should be at 20. Recipe for heat which causes stress, separations, and blow outs.

Offroad at slow speed sure, city and hwy driving is not a good thing at these low psi.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Erasedhammer, Do you ever search before starting a new thread ?

For ANY vehicle ; find the correct air pressure by drawing a line across the tread from edge to edge with a tire crayon or chalk. Drive straight ahead a few tire rotations ( do not steer left or right ). Look at the line you made. If gone, pressure is right on. Outside remains ? Lower pressure and repeat check. Center remains ? Increase pressure and repeat check. This works regardless of tire size, width, or load. Obviously, overloading is dangerous at any tire pressure.

This advice applies to everything from a Smart car to a HMETT. Drive safely.
If he would have he would have found this.
[h=3]m998a1 mpg[/h]

MaverickH1

M1123 - 6.5L Optimizer N/A with 4L80e. Running 25 to 30 psi, I calculate fuel economy for every tank. Almost every one has been 12 mpg with driving 45 with stoplights mixed in. 14 mpg at 55 with no stoplights. 10 mpg while trail riding and country highways.

mturner2003

Erasedhammer, Do you ever search before starting a new thread ?

For ANY vehicle ; find the correct air pressure by drawing a line across the tread from edge to edge with a tire crayon or chalk. Drive straight ahead a few tire rotations ( do not steer left or right ). Look at the line you made. If gone, pressure is right on. Outside remains ? Lower pressure and repeat check. Center remains ? Increase pressure and repeat check. This works regardless of tire size, width, or load. Obviously, overloading is dangerous at any tire pressure.

This advice applies to everything from a Smart car to a HMETT. Drive safely.
Please do your research.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks