• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic / backhoe

MAJOR

When raising hoe from travel position, had to use the control lever to Lower. ++ Could not lower with either lower or raise control ???

F18hornetM

What type machine are you working on? Also pics help alot. i am no expert on some machines but do have many years doing hydraulic work. More info like what type machine, exact issue would help someone who knows alot about it. Good luck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type machine are you working on? Also pics help alot. i am no expert on some machines but do have many years doing hydraulic work. More info like what type machine, exact issue would help someone who knows alot about it. Good luck
He has made a bunch of posts on a
[h=3]Flu-419 See[/h] But who knows with what little information he posted .

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When raising hoe from travel position, had to use the control lever to Lower. ++ Could not lower with either lower or raise control ???
Okay, assuming that this is about a SEE, yes, you have to use the control lever to raise and lower the backhoe. The lever by the hose reel, that is.
And there are other things you need to do before lowering it, such as releasing the travel lock and opening the locks at the rear.
To keep the confusion to a minimum, please realize that you lower the hoe from the travel position, not raise it.
But then you say that you couldn't lower it, which might really mean that you couldn't raise it. Either way, there's only one lever, so I don't understand the "Could not lower with either lower or raise control."

peakbagger

It could be stuck travel lock. That's the T handle next the bottom of the tire. The cable needs lubrication and if they aren't they can get damaged. I think they can get stuck closed. The boom isn't lowering with that latched. Also could be travel locks are not disengaging

Mine really doesn't like to raise especially when its been run for awhile and the fluid is hot. It eventually makes it back but its not happy about it.

MAJOR

hydraulici issues

Thank you for your response. The LUNK HEAD , THAT I am , prior to reading your post I realized I had not OPENED the locks. that was the answer, and your explanation was rite on the money , and thanks again for your time and response.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks