• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 Starter Overrun Clutch

Misdemeanor

I have a 24v stub nose starter for my M38. The starter works great but the overrun clutch is slipping. This part seems difficult to find and I don't want to replace the entire starter when only the clutch is bad. Below is a picture and the PN with descriptions. If anyone knows a supplier that has starter parts I would appreciate it.

5-17-2017 7-44-54 AM.jpg

S 117899 Bearing, bushing type, w/seal, assyT 117893 Clutch

Misdemeanor

Thanks, I sent a message to them. It's not on their web site but that doesn't mean they don't have it.

I took the old one and put it in hot oil for about and hour. Just under boiling temp. Amazingly the thing is working but I think I still want to replace it. They must get gummy inside from years of sitting and the sprags stop moving. Maybe this is a good fix. Time will tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks