• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1079 M1078 ARB air locker group buy, we need 50 of you to make this happen.

So who wants drop in ARB air lockers for your LMTV? We need them for our M1079 thats for sure. So I talked with my contact at ARB and he said that if we get 50 units sold (deposits taken) they will make them for us.

ARB said we need to work through a dealer that can take the orders and organize this. So first step is done, I already sent my high speed gears with 3rd members to Nitro Gear in Cashmere Washington as they are a ARB dealer I have dealt with many times, I have had Nitro gears in several of my overlanding trucks and fully trust them to do any diff work I need done.

So the next step is for Nitro Gear to take apart my 3rds and send them to ARB Australia to be made. This could take a few months to complete.

I will update this post as we make progress on this. I asked what the price would be per locker and they won't be able to tell us until they get the 3rds in their hands, but they said per unit cost would be under $2000.00 per locker. Will update when I find out.

So I need a list of any of you who want ARB air lockers and can make a deposit to Nitro Gear, please PM me with your full contact info and I will add you to the list here in this post.

List of members who want air lockers and can made a deposit to Nitro Gear

1. Adventure Driven Front and Back Lockers
2. Ambeihl Rear Locker
3. Coachgeo Front Locker
4 Snowtrac Nome Rear locker

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
So its not like the drop in detroit locker, this would be a complete unit with ring gear. In the high speed gear ratio only? And you would need high speed gearing installed in the front also.
Will

It is a drop in locker, it uses your ring gears you currently have. You gear ratio would need to match front and back to work.

So its not like the drop in detroit locker, this would be a complete unit with ring gear. In the high speed gear ratio only? And you would need high speed gearing installed in the front also.
Will

ramdough

It has the same core I believe, but the gears are slightly different because the oil pump is driven off the pinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

After the 50, are they going to keep selling them, or are they going to be only available for another group buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the deposit 100%, or partial? What type of time frame are we looking at to receive the completed lockers?

Is the deposit 100%, or partial? What type of time frame are we looking at to receive the completed lockers?
Deposit would be 1/2 or so, waiting on Nitro Gear to give me details, they think about 3 months or so before we have Lockers state side. It will be a long wait but well worth it

Seth

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure don't want to be the nay-sayer on this group buy, however, having been involved in them before, someone is going to get screwed. If you compare the small number of interested parties on here to the required 50 units to get the build done, the numbers just do not add up. Many will be 'interested' until time to send the cash, then the organizer is stuck with the shortfall. Been there, done that.

Mister Organizer, just watch your wallet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks