Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LMTV M1079 M1078 ARB air locker group buy, we need 50 of you to make this happen.

Colonel
    Thanks

I bet they would, don't see why not

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Plasa View Post
    Intrested, do you ship to Europe too?
    Cheers
    Christian
    Adventure Driven dot com is known for high impact photography, quality engaging social media content, high-end unique vehicle builds, leadership at industry events and exclusive off-road adventure guiding. Through these avenues we have become a recognized influencer in the overland, off-road and outdoor communities.

check out our website for more info
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and You Tube

Private
    Thanks

I will take two of them. Thanks for working on this.

Thanks

Sorry, me again...
    Does it work without changing the original axles? In Europe everything is regulated by the goverments, and if you change something on the suspension / transmission you need to redo all the certification....
    Thanks and regards from Italy!

Christian

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plasa View Post
    Sorry, me again...
    Does it work without changing the original axles? In Europe everything is regulated by the goverments, and if you change something on the suspension / transmission you need to redo all the certification....
    Thanks and regards from Italy!

Christian
    The only external difference will be a thin air line going to the differential housing, otherwise the axle will be identical. I doubt a Ministry of Transport inspector will even know it is an aftermarket diff lock, all European military vehicles that are worth anything have them from the factory. It is really quite shocking that the FMTV did NOT come with them!
    Which part of Italy are you from? I was in Venezia Mestre/Veneto with my Unimog camper in June.

Charlie
    Last edited by m37charlie; 09-12-2017 at 11:07.

Colonel
    Thanks

I will mark you down for 2

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GReuter View Post
    I will take two of them. Thanks for working on this.
    Adventure Driven dot com is known for high impact photography, quality engaging social media content, high-end unique vehicle builds, leadership at industry events and exclusive off-road adventure guiding. Through these avenues we have become a recognized influencer in the overland, off-road and outdoor communities.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adventure Driven For This Useful Post:

GReuter (09-12-2017)

Thanks

Hello Charlie.
    I live in the north of Italy, in the middle of the Dolomites, near Bolzano. About 300 km from Venice. I bought a M1078 a couple of weeks ago, now waiting for inspection. Italy is a nightmare for trucks. I bought mine in Germany, trying to convert it to a motorhome...
    I know it's far early to discuss, and I'm a complete greenhorn about this type of truck. Do I need to change the axle ratio between front and rear? I think my truck is quite default, without modifications. And I don't want to start my adventure by changing half of the transmission
    If it's quite easy to install the arb locker than I will take 1, otherwise if it's necessary to change axle ratio, or the hole axle than I will let it be...
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english...
    Christian

MVPA
    37424E
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,270 Times in 3,341 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tennmogger View Post
    I sure don't want to be the nay-sayer on this group buy, however, having been involved in them before, someone is going to get screwed. If you compare the small number of interested parties on here to the required 50 units to get the build done, the numbers just do not add up. Many will be 'interested' until time to send the cash, then the organizer is stuck with the shortfall. Been there, done that.

Mister Organizer, just watch your wallet!
    Yup, I ran that AVM locking hub group buy. Thankfully we got through it without anyone getting affected negatively.

Who's going to be holding the money? How is transparency being provided? (I did a spreadsheet on google docs with who was in and what they paid) Who's on the hook when things go south?
    1992 M1038
    1969 M35A2 wo/w, hoist in bed, heater, Ooga horn, Recentered HEMTTs and 395's, "Candy Smasher"
    1968 M543A2 Wrecker - You know, for heavy lifting...
    1984 M931 - SEMTT project
    198? M270 trailer TBD...
    1985 M1008 - SMOKEY 8" lift, 37" humvee 24 bolt wheels/tires, turbocharged.
    And a few M105 and M101 and other trailers

Thanks

Hello again.
    If changing the diff to the arb locker is done without changing front/rear axle ratio and/or other heavy stuff I will order 1....

Thanks and send me a pn for payment details...

Christian

Private
    Thanks

Literally just bought a M1081, and wanted to put lockers in it. I dont know how difficult it would be.. and may need help, but I am in to get some!

Colonel
    Thanks

If we can actually get 50 lockers spoken for here then Carl at Nitro Gear and Axle would handle everything, I am just doing the foot work so we can get ARB to produce the parts we need, I spoke with ARB and they will design and manufacture the lockers just for us, but we need 50 lockers to make it happen, This all will be ran through Nitro Gear as ARB will only work with one of their official ARB dealers, Carl has the resources to get all of this handled properly.

I hope that answers everyones questions
    Cheers Seth

Quote Originally Posted by patracy View Post
    Yup, I ran that AVM locking hub group buy. Thankfully we got through it without anyone getting affected negatively.

Who's going to be holding the money? How is transparency being provided? (I did a spreadsheet on google docs with who was in and what they paid) Who's on the hook when things go south?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast