• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1079 M1078 ARB air locker group buy, we need 50 of you to make this happen.

So I have some bad news, ARB is no longer interested in making the lockers for our trucks, I had them look at a 3rd member and they said they do not have a blank that big, they develop new products with blanks and machine them into the carrier they need for that specific application, anyway non of their current blanks or stock can be made into a part we can all use, so for now this is not going to happen. So bummed right now, back to the Detroit option I guess.

Seth

coachgeo

grrrrrrrrr.. dat suks. what I don't understand though is they already make them for military Rockwell axles so am little confused on their response of not having large enough blanks to prototype these.

Anyway sent you a PM about an alternative company.

Last edited:

Plasa

Hello! That are bad news...
But anyway. Can you give me more info about the detroit locker? Can they be installed on default axles and ratio too?

Thanks a lot!

Christian

coachgeo

Hello! That are bad news...
But anyway. . Can they be installed on default axles and ratio too? Thanks a lot!
Christian
Yes and yes ...... it is debated if one should or should not put it in the front axle. same debate exist on any truck about putting an automatically locking locker in a front axle. Several threads on the detroit. no need to cloud up this thread on that topic

Chism

Would be cool if we could get Eaton to build some Truetracs for us. I’ve loved the ones I’ve installed in my vehicles! Since they already have an auto locker for these axles, maybe they’d be willing to build a torsen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

There is a vendor not in SS that is working on something. Not going to name yet so he does not get hounded on information about something not complete nor tested yet. He already has a manufacturer that makes the detroit type he sells. 99.9% of the detroit sold for these trucks is not actually made by detroit locker. No they are not chinese either

coachgeo

****it, just saw the last posts.

Your telling me it's two thousand nineteen and we don't have air lockers for the United States military yet?!
they simply decided NOT to order any cause expensive things like axles and transmissions etc etc. get broken easier with lockers installed.

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I have a front ARB air locker in my FJ. To me it's like any other recovery equipment - a tool in the toolbox. The FJ has an e-locker in the rear, I use it when I need to. I have a winch, recovery straps, snatch blocks, etc.
Do you break things sometimes when you use recovery equipment? Yes...
A front air locker can bust a lot of stuff used in the wrong situation, on the other hand it can save your butt in the middle of nowhere.

coachgeo

Yes and no... Bryce has almost completed his test mule. Hybrid Mrap axle swap that solves all the issues.... Front and rear air lockers along with best axle ratio for expedition/exploration or commercial type use

Chism

Yes and no... Bryce has almost completed his test mule. Hybrid Mrap axle swap that solves all the issues.... Front and rear air lockers along with best axle ratio for expedition/exploration or commercial type use
Unless your truck has 3 axles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks